Original Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lacey Shine

Hey everybody! I wanted to know if anybody has read the original Titanic script? It is very different from the script they ended up using. They need to have a video that shows all the deleted scenes. Does anybody agree? If anyone is interested in reading the original script online, let me know. I dont have the site right now but if anybody wants it, I will get it.

Matthew Lips

Mar 8, 2001
Some DVD's come with a selection of deleted scenes. Does the Titanic DVD have them? It would be worth buying, if it did.

Dan Cherry

Dec 14, 1999
Hello, Lacey!
I read, back in, oh I'd say early 1998 a draft of the Titanic script, and it did contain a lot of dialogue not found in the final cut of the film. I also saw in some magazine at the time a page of the script and there were many annotations/notations, cross-outs and re-writes on that particular page.
As far as the deleted scenes go, most, if I am not mistaken, were historical shots. A good portion of them were included on the interactive CD Titanic Explorer. The Titanic DVD that was released when the movie was made available to the public does NOT have these scenes, neither in the film itself nor as a "bonus feature".

Jeremy Lee

Jun 12, 2003
>>As far as the deleted scenes go, most, if I am not mistaken, were historical shots<<

If they were historical shots, Cameron should have kept them to make the movie feel even more 'real'!

Dan Cherry

Dec 14, 1999
Jeremy,
at 3 hours and 14 minutes, I doubt the audience, who were there mostly for the Jack and Rose story, would have wanted to sit through more additional historic scenes. The hardcore historians and the 'rivet-counters' were not the majority of the movie-goers. Virtually every movie filmed has scenes that were shot and not used in the final cut. Titanic was no exception.

Jeremy Lee

Jun 12, 2003
I agree with you that most Titanic fans are attracted because of Jack and Rose, and not the Titanic itself.

For example, when I was talking about Titanic with my friends, all they wanted to know was Jack and Rose!
queasy.gif

L

Lacey Shine

Yeah I agree with you Dan. Most people were there just for the fiction part of the movie. Its a shame not many people (except us) really care about what actually happened. But anyways, they really need to have a DVD with deleted scenes or something like that. I think Cameron really did a great job on the movie. If you really are a Titanic fanatic and you read alot about the disaster, you read some things that kind of remind you of what Jack and Rose did. Everyone who was a real passenger and wasnt featured in the movie, was kind of mixed into Jack and Rose. (This might not make any sense to you b/c its hard to explain) Some of the things J and R did actually happened with some other passenger.

Mar 18, 2000
I happened to catch the end of the movie on TV last week - the final stages of the sinking, starting with Cal chasing Jack down the stairs. I spent the whole rest of the movie watching the historical aspects, even to the point of picking out the 'real' people in the scenes, who I hadn't figured out on previous viewings.

Status
Not open for further replies.