Oscar Greiner

carol339

Apr 2, 2012
I have been told recently that my grandfather was on board the Titanic, but when i have been to look on the passanger and crew list i can not find his name, will anybody know if there is any way if i canfind out for sure, my dad is going to be 90 this year and will like to find out some history for him

Thanks

Carol

Reactions: 1 user

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Hallo, Carol. Your grandfather was certainly not onboard the Titanic, but there was an Oscar Greiner serving as a cook on the Lusitania. How this man fared in that sinking I don't know, but there are experts here who may be able to tell you more.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
You can view the list of the 'victualling crew' on the Lusitania here:
Victualling Crew List « The Lusitania Resource

This reveals that Oscar Greiner was a 'roast cook' and that he was a survivor. Elsewhere he is described as 'a Grimsby man'. Does that sound like your grandfather? I can't tell you any more, but on that same website you can learn anything you might want to know about the Lusitania and its sinking.

carol339

Apr 2, 2012
You can view the list of the 'victualling crew' on the Lusitania here:
Victualling Crew List « The Lusitania Resource

This reveals that Oscar Greiner was a 'roast cook' and that he was a survivor. Elsewhere he is described as 'a Grimsby man'. Does that sound like your grandfather? I can't tell you any more, but on that same website you can learn anything you might want to know about the Lusitania and its sinking.

Hi Bob

Thank you for you reply, my dad said he has seen some information on the internet that he was on the Titanic, not sure if he was a passenger or crew, i will try and find out where he got his information from, i would like to find out more, i find this very interesting.

Nov 18, 2017
Oscar Greiner was my grandad he served on the Lusitania and was on board when it sunk. He took residence in Grimsby where he sadly died many years ls