Ouija

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
A slightly bizarre question: has anyone ever tried to contact any of the victims of the disaster with a Ouija board? If so, what was the result?

Cheers

Paul

C

Christine Geyer

Yiiikss!!
shock.gif
I haven't. I know someone who actually turned into one herself, at her Ouija Kitchentable. But that's something completely different...

Have you tried it yourself, Paul? I don't even own a board, even though from time to time I thought about getting one. Brrrr...

Best regards
Christine

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
Yes, I used to use it all the time at Uni. We didn't take it serioulsy (its mostly a load of bunkum IMHO) - just wondering if anyone had ever used one in a Titanic context.

Thanks
Paul

Marty Comes

May 20, 2004
LOL
I still have my old Ouija Board, from when I was a kid. But I've never used it to contact someone who has passed over to "the other side"....

Although when I was a kid, I did ask it how old I would be when I died, and it answered back 86!

Good question though, Paul....
happy.gif

Love,
Marty

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
The one and only time I dabbled with a Ouija board, it claimed the spirit of President Johnson was in my house. Ironically, LBJ had died weeks before. It then spelled out what looked like a Texas phone number but I never had the guts to call it. There's more to the story and quite incredibly spooky. Needless to say, I've left Ouija boards alone ever since.

Kyrila

Reactions: 1 user
B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Sahand,

I'm not sure if people move the piece voluntarily or if they are "willed" to do so by an unseen force. I have a few freaky and hair raising encounters with a board myself.

While I generally don't buy into stuff like this I'm not entirely convinced that this is just an innocent game.

Best Regards,

Brian

Jun 11, 2000
Even if it did work, it would be a very long session indeed to interrogate, say, Ismay and Barrett as to the veracity of their Inquiry testimonies. I'm not sure I'd have the attention span. Also, you'd hope the spirits had better things to do really .... Someone gave me a Tarot pack and book of instructions for Xmas once, and what an exhausting business that was - trundling around the book for explanations; all different, depending on whether the card was upside down, in among various others etc. It became quite apparent that, due to the multiplicity of possibilities, it was always going to be 'right' in many senses. Made me rather popular at parties, for a bit though! Perhaps I should dig the cards out and bring them to BTS ......

david wilson

Mar 17, 2003
Don't forget!If you believe in an almighty God,it's mandatory to believe in a nearly almighty satan!
regards.
dw.
PS let's leave the subject to the eejits.

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
I was only asking if anyone had used it to contact a Titanic victim.

As for Ouija - I'm not 100% convinced myself, but was wondering what others had achieved.

Mysely, I won't believe until a ouija board gives me the winning lottery numbers. I don't think "Burn in Hell" satisfies that criteria though
happy.gif

Cheers

Paul

david wilson

Mar 17, 2003
Paul,I don't intend to get into a religious argument about where one goes when one "kicks the bucket" Nowhere in the Holy Bible does it mention anyone going to hell.We go into a hole in the ground ,if that is your preference,I prefer to burn above ground.
One doesn't need a ouija board to call up God,but some people try to call up satan on it, much to their horror.As I said let it slide.
regards.
dw

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
David,
I meant the above as humour - "Burn in Hell" being a message received when I asked for lottery nos.

Paul

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Frankly, it never occurred to me that anyone on this thread was taking it seriously ....<<

Unfortunately, when you start discussing the wide veriaty of religious creeds and beliefs, the conversation tends to move off in some decidedly unpleasant directions. It's not really surprising when one understands that what's at stake is eternity itself...assuming it exists...and one's place in it. People tend to get defensive to the point of hostile when that's threatened.

So everybody...tread lightly please.

Jun 11, 2000
Yes, Michael, you are probably quite right. What I meant was, I don't think that a ouija board has much connection to any mainstream belief, so I don't think Paul is at fault for asking a (not very serious) question. Still, look on the bright side - at least nobody has taken me up on my offer of (totally incompetent and fortuitous) psychic analysis, via the Tarot, at BTS. And, in case anyone is still in any doubt, no, I personally don't believe it.

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
I was actually being semi-serious with my initial question. I am interested in the paranormal (as a sceptic), and was only curious to see if anyone had tried this?

Paul