Ouija

david wilson

Mar 17, 2003
<table border=1>[tr][td]
mime_msword.gif
ode to the titan
Titanic by Dave Wilson (poem).doc (22.0 k)[/td][/tr][/table]​

Dec 12, 1999
"We thought we would try the ouija thing instead of our normal while-the-parents-are-away game of strip poker"

Has anyone ever come up with the concept of strip ouija? If someone contacts a spirit, they have to take an article of clothing off.

Probably wouldn't be too successful, though...but hey, it could be interesting. ;)

As for myself, the closest I ever got to contacting anyone Titanic related was one time where a spirit claiming to be Taft came through. I asked "him" some questions about Archie Butt, but got no answers whatsoever that would have proved this "anything" was Taft.

Jun 19, 2004
I bought myself a new Ouiji board for Halloween a couple years back (I think it glows in the dark or something) but I've never had the guts to use it though, not to mention you need at least 2 people to use it and everyone else is chicken too.

Maybe someday I will toughen up and pull out the Ouiji board, but until then it is happily gathering dust on a shelf.

My the way you know spiritualism and seances were all the rage in victorian and edwardian times. maybe someone should throw an edwardian party complete with seance! Could be a fun time!

-Shannon

Jul 9, 2002
Ok, in response to the initial question, I have an answer. (Please don't pass judgement, good or bad on me for what I'm going to tell you all. Not pressing any one religion or practice over the other, just answering the question.)
A few years ago I was a practicing Witch. (Or Wiccan, depending on how you wanna call it.) In my Coven I was a Divinner. I read Tarot, did crystal and rune divination and was the resident "expert" on the Ouija. At my peak I had four differnet boards. One I carved myself from an old oak tree. Another was Pine, given to me by my High Priestess. But my best board was a store bought, Parker Brothers Ouija that anyone can buy at the store. If you choose to believe in Magik, then you must understand that the power of te board does not come from what type it is or what it is made of. It comes from the purification and consecration rituals that are done on and for the board. But I digress....
I never once used my board to intentionaly contact a Titanic Spirit. But on my PB board I one day recieved a contact. It was a very VERY strong male presence. Now spirits on Ouija boards tend to do things in patterns. It's one of the ways you know you are talking to the same spirit should they choose to talk to you more than once. My contact's pattern was using his initials. He ran the Planchet (thats the thing that you place your hands on. ALWAYS a guy and girl and NEVER while drinking!!!!)back and forth from "E" to "J". Back and forth, back and forth. I asked him if this was his initials and he said yes. I asked his name and he told me I knew it. This gave me pause. I asked if I knew him in life and e said no but that I knew of him. I asked how he died. He said "Water". I asked if he Drown and he said "No." i asked again how he died and again he said "Water". I asked when and the planchet moved from 1 to 9 to 1 to 2. I asked if he died in April.....he said "Yes".

So i got to thinking. April, 1912, EJ. I asked if he was a captain and the response spelled out "Do you think?" I said yes and it spelled "Ha Ha. Good Job." I became very excited and began telling my friends who I was talking to. It took a while and soon the Planchet moved again. I looked and it had went to "bye". I said goodbye aloud and wished him fair winds and following seas. Unfortunately, it was the last I ever heard from the man I believe was Capt. E.J. Smith.

I was saved by Christ a few years later and no longer practice witchcraft or use Ouija. However, even though I am now a Christian, I have seen and experienced too much NOT to believe in this stuff. Have a nice day.

Reactions: 1 user
C

Cornelius Thiessen

Sort of along these same lines was'nt it Eva Hart's mother who had a premonition of sorts about the Titanic sinking? I seem to recall a few other passengers had bad vibes too.......

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Can we please back away from the evangalism Matthew? While I respect the religious beliefs of others, there is such a wide veriaty of them among the membership that I don't think you're going to find it well recieved. This just isn't the place for that sort of thing.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>srry I didn't mean to offend anyone<<

No problem. I'm not offended, just trying to avoid some sort of ecclesiastical flamewar. This can be and often is a very touchy subject because the percieved stakes are about as high as you can get. I take it you live out on the West Coast of the USA? That would explain the 8 hour difference between your time and the time in Great Britain.

Cara Ginter

Oct 25, 2004
I agree with Michael. I also agree with Matthew, I am a practising Christian and can't say that I believe Ouija boards are very good... and don't think you're talking to the spirit of the dead person you think you are... but, Matthew, you can't push your believes on anyone else. Sure, state your opinion, but telling people to repent and change, and then throwing out "Jesus loves you" scares people away more than anything. Sure doesn't gain you any respect!

May 27, 2007
Jonathan >>Just be careful what you ask for because it's possible to 'divine' or 'conjure up' something that would have been better off left alone.<<

Angel >>VERY TRUE!<<

Very true indeed. My sister had a horrible experience with a Ouija board. Playing with a Ouija Board is like playing with a lighter or Gas Stove. You never know what you'll get.

Apr 9, 2020
To anyone who still checks this thread, I'm a practicing witch. I strongly believe that most (if not all) of a ouija board's "movements" are the result of the ideomotor effect. HOWEVER, I'm willing to do a respectful ritual to try and contact a soul from the Titanic. I can't guarantee any helpful, interesting, or reliable results, but since there seems to have, at least at one point, been an interest in this, I figured I would give people a chance to reply to this with potential questions they would want me to ask should I somehow reach out to a spirit.

I will not force a spirit to stay and speak, I plan to leave offerings (bread, whiskey, a coin) and also hold a moment of silence in respect for the dead prior to any ouija activity. Please keep any religious debate out of this, as I respect all who do and don't follow my personal path. I plan to perform this ritual some time over the next few days, as the anniversary for her maiden voyage begins today.

Reactions: 1 user