Parlor Suite on C Deck

D

Daniel Odysseus

How was the Parlor Suite C55,57,59 decorated? What style, like was it regency or empire or what?

Dec 7, 2000
The sitting room was in Regence style. See photo below:

26110.png

D

Daniel Ehlers

Just curious, how were the bedrooms decorated in this suite? To my understanding, in a parlor suite onboard, the styles and colors changed between each bedroom or sitting room...

Nov 9, 2002
Hey,
Ummmm did anyone else notice that guy or guys in that mirror! Maybe its a painting? Probably not. I think thats a pretty cool find.

Sahand

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi All!

It is interesting to try and spot things in the background when the photographer stands close to a mirror on the Titanic / Olympic, this happened a lot, you can see a lot of neat things in pictures taken of the Lusitania's First Class cabins for this reason as well
smile.gif

Best Regards

Brian

B

Brian R Peterson

I just made a color rendering of C55, the tapestry is quite remarkable!

Best Regards,

Brian

Jul 20, 2000
George,

I should have added that with a different count extra rooms on E-deck could be counted as 1st Class. That would add 129 to E-deck, making a total of 255 and an overall 1st Class total of 1,034.

Dec 7, 2000
Lester,

I had a look at those numbers yesterday but didn't have time to post (now I'm at work with no information to post!). Those numbers are largely inflated - this is because they consider many of the safas as additional berths.

Daniel.

Jul 20, 2000
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for that. That was why I said: "for a summary of the maximum number of passengers that could be carried on each deck." - It also includes Upper Pullman berths in most of the remaining single-berth rooms and in a number of the 2-berth rooms. - Exclude all of those and I agree that the numbers would be lower.

Regards,
Lester

David

Feb 1, 1998
I need your help: I confuse the styles Regency and Louis XV and because of it do not be which is the real style of the suite C55. Can you help me?