Parlor suite

• Thread starter luis eduardo marques de moraes
  • Start date

L

luis eduardo marques de moraes

hi!

I want know what kind of decor ,position of the tables,chairs and beds.if someone have photo
show me.

luis

Dec 13, 1999
Are you sure you made this 3D color rendering on your computer?? It's a shot from the Cyberflix computer game “Adventure Out of Time”........

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Charles,

I wasnt aware I had taken credit for the creation, it was late when I typed that post and I was tired, I meant to say I have, not I made.

Thanks,

Brian

Jul 7, 2002
Luis,

The passenger accomodation plans show the arrangement of the furniture. These are available in The Maiden Voyage by Geoffrey Marcus and in Titanic Collection: Mementos of the Maiden Voyage, a box set from the archives of The Titanic Historical Society. You can also purchase just the accomodation plans from THS.

Titanic: Triumph and Tragedy by John P. Eaton and Charles A. Haas has a detailed description on p. 30.

James Cameron's Titanic Explorer software has virtual pictures of the parlor suite set from his film, partly based on the Eaton and Haas description.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Cathy

Jan 5, 2001
Hi Cathy!

You wrote:
Titanic: Triumph and Tragedy by John P. Eaton and Charles A. Haas has a detailed description on p. 30.

This is a description of Britannic, not Titanic; a major error in the main text. Her suites differed in a number of important respects.

Best regards,

Mark.

Dec 7, 2000
Cathy,

Thes sets used on Cameron's film were inaccurate, for B52 anyway. The style used in Cameron's film was actually used in C55 on Titanic.

Regards,

Daniel.

Jul 7, 2002
Hi Daniel,

>The style used in Cameron's film was actually used in C55 on Titanic.

I knew that but couldn't remember the cabin number and didn't want to post the wrong info.

Thanks!

Best wishes,

Cathy

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi All,

There are excellent photographs of the actual Titanic Parlour Suites in the book "Anatomy of the Titanic" by Tom McClusky pp. 152-160

Brian

Jan 5, 2001
Hi Cathy!

Thanks, do let us know about the E&H results. It beats me how they managed to confuse the ships. Nevertheless the Britannic information was very interesting and of use when I was writing about her.

Best regards,

Mark.

Jan 5, 2001
Hi Cathy,

Thanks for your interest and for saying you'll let us know about your E&H results. My first book would have been out last month per original plans, but it's been set back for a few -- for early next year. Check the books section for details.

Kindest regards,

Mark.

J

João Ricardo Alves de Oliveira

Hey!
That Suite known as "Rose Suite" Didn't exist on the titanic, or if there was one on the titanic, we'll never know. That Luxurius suite was almost identical that one on the Olympic C Deck, the Straus'cabin, even the Fireplace. There is no photo from the titanic Parlo Suite... and the wreckage's suite wasn't like that suite. that one on the Olympic was made in mid20s... Perhaps I'm wrong, but I Don't believe the titanic's suite was like that one...

L

luis eduardo marques de moraes

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for your interest,but i don't have access
for the book and virtual pictures,if you can show me or where can i find it(a site or something).
Thanks for all.

Luis

Jul 7, 2002
Luis,

>if you can show me or where can i find it(a site or something)

Unfortunately, I don't know if any of this info is available on the web.

Is there a library near you? If they don't have the books, they might be able to get them through inter-library loan.

I bought my copies of the books and the Titanic Collection through Amazon.com. You can get some great deals on used books that way, even books that are out of print.

You can purchase the accomadation plans from the Titanic Historical Society's on-line store (http://www.titanic1.org/) for $20.

I wish I could simply direct you to the information you want on the Internet, but since I can't, I hope this helps a little.

I see you are new to the Encyclopedia Titanica. Welcome aboard!

Best wishes,

Cathy

Jan 5, 2001
Hi João Ricardo ívila de Oliverira Alves!

You said: That Suite known as "Rose Suite" Didn't exist on the titanic, or if there was one on the titanic, we'll never know.

It did exist, and we do know. Certainly the 'millionaire suite' if that's what you are referring to. The decor was not accurate in the film.

There is no photo from the titanic Parlo Suite... and the wreckage's suite wasn't like that suite. that one on the Olympic was made in mid20s...

I am not quite sure what you are referring to, but I was under the impression that the photos of the Olympic suite which Cameron briefly saw (and loosely based his design on) were taken pre-war.

Best,

Mark.

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Mark!

I guess you are right now that I see the pictures and compare them with other known Olympic interiors of First Class cabins. I guess that goes to prove taking anything in McClusky's book as proven fact is a mistake.
eh.gif

Thanks!

Brian

J

João Ricardo Alves de Oliveira

Hey Mark
I Have a photo of that millionare suite from the Olympic. I Don't believe that decoration was the same on the titanic. The Olympic had a lot of changes after the titanic sank. Perhaps We'll never know. There are some articles that say that those two suites on the titanic were differents.
I Agree with you.... James cameron used photos pre-war...when the olympic was build they took a lot of olympic's photos...but the marjorite photos from the olympic are pre-war.
WELL, We have search it!

Jan 5, 2001
Hi João Ricardo ívila de Oliverira Alves,

If you look above, I say that the movie depiction was inaccurate. As for Olympic's changes after Titanic sank, they are of little importance -- no 'millionaire's suites' with private promenades were added. I am not sure I would go so far as to say that the majority of Olympic photos are pre-war; since she was around for 17 years after it.

Best,

Mark.