Passengers middle names and maiden names

Andrew Maheux

Dec 4, 2000
Any news yet on the middle names of these passengers?

Samuel L. Goldenberg
Jessie L. Trout
Nora A. Keane
Lillian W. Bentham
Dickinson H. Bishop
Harriett R. Crosby
Daisy E. Minahan
Caroline T. Bonnell
Pauline C. Gibson
Sarah A. Roth
Amy P. Jacobsohn
Helga E. Hirvonen
Hildur E. Hirvonen
Gustave J. Lesueur
Richard F. Becker
Ann F. McGowan
and Bertha E. Mulvihill
(There seems to be alot of Es, Elizabeth?????

and the maiden names of these women...

Leontine Aubart
Florence Kelly
Rosa Pinsky
Encarnacion Reynaldo
Karolina Bystrom
Anna Hamalainen
Thamine Thomas
and Anna De Messemaeker

(you dont have to answer them all, just as many as you can)

Thanks alot
happy.gif

Andrew Maheux

Mar 10, 1998
Andrew--the Hirvonens and Mulvihill were all Elizabeths as you surmised.

Fannie Kelly's maiden name was Kelly (her name wasn't Florence). Thamine (Thelma) Thomas's maiden name was Khoury (have seen variations of that spelling but that is what she herself wrote on a document I have).

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Regarding Jessie L. Trout. I've just learned that she married Harvey Walter Bortner after her survival. She was the former Jessie L. Trout (nee Bruce) But I don't know what L. stood for. . . yet! As it appears she might be relative I am searching my family genealogy and MAY have some answers soon. Keep your fingers crossed. Does anyone out there know anything about this woman after her survival?? (Her ET bio is a bit sparse.) Michael Findlay, do you know where she's buried, when she died, etc.??????

Sorry to present more questions than answers. :)

-kate BORTNER :)

Chris Dohany

Dec 12, 1999
Kate,
Harvey Bortner was originally from Corodus, PA (near York). There are several of his relatives active in online genealogy, so you may be able to find if you're related by checking out www.ancestry.com. At some point after they were married, Harvey and Jessie relocated to Tuscola County, Michigan. Mrs. Bortner died in 1930 and was buried in Arbela, MI.

Dec 12, 1999
Kate,

Sorry to be a bit in responding. As I'm away from my files at home, from memory I can tell you that Jessie Bortner died on December 30, 1930 in a car accident. I have more of the details at home. Like Chris Dohany mentioned, she lived in Michigan.

Hope this helps for now....

Best,

Mike Findlay

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Thank you Mike!!! I wrote to you on your ET intro thread a while back. You have wonderful insites and information. I've enjoyed reading your posts. I would love to learn more about Jessie Bortner if you have more info. I'm going thru my family history to see where she fits in there.
BTW have you seen the Exhibit that's here in Seattle? It's really nice. Apparently there were about 2 or 3 Seattle/Pacific Northwest passengers on board and the Seattle press is playing that part up. Interesting.
Thanks again for responding.
-kate.

Oct 15, 2000
Dickinson Bishop has never had a middle name listed...even his birth record used the 'H'...It was not too uncommon for people only to have a middle initial...Even on the divorce papers (between him and Helen) it lists her full name but only his middle initial...

Also, if anyone can help me get in touch with Dickinson's children/decendants so I may ask them about their father (not about any Titanic stuff)...the reason, Dickinson was not well liked in Dowagiac or here in Sturgis...one reason I have heard is that he only married rich women and had chosen them while still married...I do think he was seeing Sydney before his divorce...I want to contact them to get information about their father, I have a lot of stuff on him already, but want to get some more information about him...after Mary and Helen....I want to know about him to make his chapter longer in my book...it is too short as of now!

Confused yet? It is lat...and I am tired...

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Sainted Andrew:
You are da man!!!!!! How can I see it. Do you have scan-ability?? Or, duh? I suppose I could ask what book it's in. Okay, so I'm not the quickest Titanic-ite on the board. But I do have my heart in the right place. :)
I'm running to the store with cash in hand. WHAT'S IT CALLED???? (i'm yelling that over my shoulder)
Thankyou in advance you sweet boy.
-kate bortner.

Andrew Maheux

Dec 4, 2000
Well the book is called Titanic The Great lakes connection and I found it at Chapters.I wasnt really looking for a Titanic book but I came across it in, I think Canadian History section.
I would scan it for you but I dont know how and dont have a scanner. Sorry I couldnt help more.

Good luck in finding it, It cost me about $27.00

happy.gif
Andrew Maheux

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Andrew:
Thanks anyway. I really appreciate the lead. (incidentally, I think I just found her husband in my family history and now know our family connection)(I think!) I'll look for the book and save my pennies to buy it. You're a sweetie for speaking up. BTW, Should I know what "Chapters" is?
Hey, does anyone out there have this book AND scanner?? I just got my scanner installed and I feel sooo empowered!!!
Thanks again.
-kate.

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Andrew:
BTW= by the way. (i'm so e-illerate, I'm excited to know one that at least one other person doesn't) I like this one ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing) That one promts many other made up ones like ILALTIPMS (I laughed and laughed 'till I peed my self) but I'm hardly an expert. :)
-kate.