Per Erik Kjepso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2008
Hello there. Im Per, I am from Norway, 30 years old.

Ive been interested/fascinated/somethinglikethat in Titanic since I was 8 reading about Titanic somewhere. I work as a bridge officer, currently on offshore supply vessel, previously on cruise ships and ferries. But Ive always dreamed of being a fireman on a steamship.

Well, that should do for now. Great forum everyone, see you there!

Per E

H

Holly Peterson

Welcome to the board, Per! I'll be looking forward to seeing you around the board.

I'm no expert on the Norwegians on board, but am fascinated mainly by the children who survived/died on the fateful voyage, and can tell you the names of the two Norwegian children travelling on board, both of whom escaped:

Karen Marie Abelseth - 16
Artur Karl Olsen - 9

Another very interesting Titanic survivor from Norway is Olaus Abelseth, 26, who survived for hours in a lifeboat half-filled with freezing water and did his best to care for those dying around him.

If you're interested, I've heard there's a book on Norwegians on the Titanic, and it's called 31 Norwegian Destinies, or something like that.

Some of my distant ancestors were Norwegian.

Hope to see you around,
Holly Alzbeta Peterson

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I work as a bridge officer, currently on offshore supply vessel, previously on cruise ships and ferries.<<

Quite a few of us sailors hang out here. I'm just a deckplate guy but we have a few officers running around loose as well. You should feel right at home here.

>> But Ive always dreamed of being a fireman on a steamship.<<

Glutton for punishment?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.