Peter DaviesGarner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2003
Hi everybody!

I'm new to this site and have been contributing to a different site until recently. Some of you might know that I am currently building a 1/48th scale model of the Titanic which was commissioned by a museum in Florida. The model was on display at this years BTS convention in Southampton and was very well received. I am 42 years old and a professional model-maker.

I had the pleasure to meet some of you guys at the convention and I hope we'll stay in touch.

I would be happy to post pictures of the model for use on this site too, should someone want to see them.

Regards

Pete

Eric Sauder

Nov 12, 2000
Hi, Pete!

Very glad to see you've joined ET. It was a pleasure to meet you and see your superb model at the BTS convention. I hope the trip back went well.

Please post some photos of your model. I'm sure the members will be as amazed with the quality, detail, and accuracy as I was.

Kind regards,

Eric Sauder

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Peter,

Welcome aboard! This is the best site for all things Titanic.

I'll check out the TRMA website for your photos. Hope you enjoy it here!

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Apr 21, 2003
Hi Jason and everyone else!

Thanks for making me feel welcome here. I will add the latest pics of the model in the next few days once new pics have been taken. However, I don't know where to send them to. Perhaps someone could let me know.
The pics currently on TRMA are several weeks old now.

Peter

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Hallo, Peter. You can upload images to postings here in the message board (see help/instructions link at the bottom of this page), but the restrictions on file-size and physical dimensions mean the pictures would perhaps be too small to do full justice to your work. You could maybe produce a feature article for this site, where restrictions on image size might not apply. If you do want to upload images and need any help with their preparation to retain maximum detail within the size restrictions, feel free to email me.

Alternatively, you could post any new images on the TRMA site and just post the link on ET. Here, for instance, is the link to the existing pics for anybody who hasn't yet seen them:

http://titanicmodel.com/models/exhibition/ondisplay.shtml

Regards,
Bob

Apr 21, 2003
Jason,

You will find more pics of the model on the TRMA site. I will add more up-to-date pics of the model here shortly. Thanks for your kind remarks, but I need to correct something: the model WASN'T the star of this years BTS-convention. The model only took second place behind Brian's mum! :)

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.