Photograph Contributions

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Hi,

Could some of the more technically-minded members among us suggest a possible reason why my photograph contributions to ET are consistently rejected?

I've yet to purchase a digital camera, as is shamefully evident from the inferior quality of several of my efforts, but for the passenger and crew researchers among us, at least, they would have sufficient interest value to warrent inclusion on this site, as they are clear enough.

Perhaps the error is more a technical one - file size too large etc?

If someone could advise, I would be most grateful.

Ben

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Hi Phil,

The photos I'm thinking of were sent via ET contribute. They were grave photographs, but frustratingly, I can't recall off-hand which ones I sent!

I may have made an error when copying and pasting the URL. Knowing my computer cack-handedness, the fault probably lies with me, but the image looked alright when I clicked "image preview".

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
I think the problem was that you put a link to a picture on your local machine... something like "c:\mypictures\mypic.jpg" instead of actually uploading them onto the site. This could explain why they previewed OK but didn't work subsequently. I can't find any pictures from you in the upload folder. You have an entry pending for the Saafeld grave but there is no picture uploaded as yet. Perhaps you could try again, remember to click "Upload Image Now" on the "Add item" or "modify item" page. Cheers Phil