Photographs to Share

Teri Lynn Milch

Apr 7, 2001
Shelley,

I'll just call you the picture Queen from now on. I want to thank you too, for all of your hard work and effort in getting these great pictures up on the net for all to see.

Teri

Apr 11, 2001
Glad you liked it- I thought maybe y'all had had enough- I have BOXES of photos-cannot seem to get the image format working and this page building was the only way I could think of to show stuff- AND I love finding just the right music and animations too. It does take awhile but I can send lots at once and YOU can save any of the pix -they are all jpegs and gifs.So- am off to scan scan scan. See what just a particle of encouragement does! The Captain goes to bed with the chickens and I am a night owl...

May 5, 2001
Shelley,

Bravo, kudos and complete and total congratulations on a job well done....your website does look indeed impressive and I have only scratched the surface thus far....

Hope to give you a more detailed opinion tommorow.

Regards,
Bill

Teri Lynn Milch

Apr 7, 2001
Shelley,

I love the Sweet linen afternoon suit, the Titanic Boarding hat and the 2217 Josephine the best! Those are my style clothing for sure! I could wear them to the Queen Mary luncheons, huh?

Teri

Apr 16, 2001
Shell,

You're incredible! Your never cease to amaze me!

When next I visit "Dovecoat In the Woods", you must show me how you do this webpage thing. We accountants do not have the flare for this type of creativity - nor the time! So, I'll bring all my pictures with me in a suitcase! Whatever happened to that picture of you cutting Marshall's Titanic birthday cake with a sword? Marshall looked like he was ready to fall off the chair with laughter!

So, many thanks again and again for bringing back so many great memories of years ago.

Mike

Apr 11, 2001
Mike- better plan on staying a week- Phil will have to get more memory for the Board. I can throw a quick page together in 15 minutes now-but like to tinker with music and graphics, animations and text- so most take an hour or more. It's my therapy after the crusty Captain goes to bed early. I have sent many of my best photos to TI archives in Florida, but maybe I can get them back for awhile! How about the Gilded Age Tour of Newport in October?

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Shelley:
I echo the sentiments of these other fine folk: your site is amazing and much appreciated. I've loved the humor and creativity of each page and of course I adore soaking up all the info. Thank you for being so obsessed; we can all relate!

And on another note, you're going to "the house" this weekend, right? Say hello to Lizzie, Emma and the rest of the ghosts for me. I will get there some day!!!!

Have a great weekend.
-kate.

M

Mark Bray

Shelley,

GREAT job on the Titanic Survivor sites!!!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! I wanted to do something similiar. About a year or two ago, I wanted to make my very own Titanic Survivor scrapbook. I have ALOT of pics and want to share them like to have done. It can be my online scrapbook. I just don't know how to post the and make my very own Titanic Survivor homepage/website. Can you help? I also want to post my pics from the 2001 SC Titanic Convention we had back in March.

Thanks.

Mark Bray

Apr 11, 2001
Hi Mark- Sure- I am the KODAK QUEEN. You will need a scanner and Adobe photoshop to reduce and edit the pixels. Save all your photos as jpegs for quickest loading. Turn Artfiles into Bitmaps (easy), then Bitmaps can be saved as jpegs- only midi files can be used on the geocities site for tunes. Scan and save your pix and midis first. Then go to
http://www.geocities.com
register a name and password (just follow instructions)
Then you can log on and go right to the PAGEBUILDER click on option. A little house will start building itself- this must always stay open. Hit "Preview Pagebuilder"- a series of applets will start, you will see it opening different applications-then you get a empty white page to CREATE on!! Click on ADD ONS on the toolbar, select backgrounds, colors, music. Just point, click, and don't forget to SAVE at the end, preview your page as you go with the preview option at the top of the toolbar. To upload 5 files at a time, go to FILE, a menu will drop down, click on UPLOAD files- then a BROWSE box will pop up- hit browse, then your DOC files will open, select item, hit open, then browse again, repeat up to 5 times, hit the UPLOAD. NOW back on your pagebuilder hit PICTURES, a BIG box will appear, at the top scroll down to IMPORTED PICTURES, you will see your newly loaded files, select by clicking on- it will preview in the small box to the right, then hit OK- it will appear on your screen. You can adjust the SIZE by clicking on the sides or corner and dragging the arrow in or out. Hit TEXT for a word box to appear. To delete, just point on the object with the mouse then hit the DELETE on the toolbar. You can choose color and background for text by clicking on T on the small toolbar under the main one, the icon to the right is for background in the text box. There is a HELP button. YOU CAN DO THIS- I could barely turn on a computer in September. GO FOR IT! To upload ONE file, just hit the PICTURE button, then a Browse box will show, choose, then hit UPLoad-takes a few seconds)I am WAITING for GREAT things!

C

Christine Geyer

Shelley - once again thanks for sharing this! Especially the rope and shoes... Your site is such a treasure. Great idea with the changing exhibit. I'll be there.

Many regards and coffee beans again
Christine

Apr 11, 2001
Thanks Christine- sometimes I think maybe folks are getting TIRED of these pages! I love to build them and hope something of interest will be found for most. Now...back to the scanner!

D

David Seaman

Shelley...
Thank you so much for letting us see your collection and photo's. You are a true treasure.
With a special interest in Titanic collectibles I was so excited looking over your site. I felt like a kid in a candy store
proud.gif

I look forward to seeing more soon
David