Photos of Titanic graves in London

May 12, 2005
As to the condition of the Duff Gordon family plot at Brookwood, I've been asked to say that, until about 3 years ago, it was tended to regularly by one of Lucile's great granddaughters who lived near Brookwood, at Woking. She lives now in Dorset so is thankful to you, Houghie, for clearing off her father's and grandmother's graves.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Inger,

I knew you'd come through!
happy.gif
Thanks for that information and the additional info about Josie. It would be interesting to know if his ashes were scattered over the Conway River.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

N

Neal Shelden

Two victims of the Titanic disaster are mentioned on the family grave in St Mary Magdalene churchyard, East Ham.
67848.jpg

N

Neal Shelden

The grave was featured recently on Local BBC television and bares the names of Edward James William Rogers (a Storekeeper on Titanic) and his cousin Edward Henry Bagley (1st Class Steward on Titanic).
Both men were born in the East Ham area. Rogers was buried in Canada, whereas Bagley's body (as ET says), if recovered, was never identified.
67851.jpg

The middle section of the Rogers gravestone says:
Also Edward James William, son of the above aged 31 years. Also Edward Henry Bagley nephew of the above aged 33 years. Who lost their lives in the Titanic disaster of April 15th 1912.
Out of the deep I call, To thee O Lord to thee, Before thy throne of Grace I fall, Be merciful to me.

Tony Sheils

Jan 6, 2001
Neal

Thanks for following up the recent BBC TV London News report on a gravestone mentioning Titanic victims in an East Ham churchyard. It was interesting to hear from you the identities of the two young men who perished, also to see the accompanying photographs.

According to my wife who saw the BBC report it was claimed that the chuchyard involved is "London's largest churchyard" and has been a nature reserve for 20 years.

I appreciate your good work in providing the additional details.

N

Neal Shelden

Tony,
I hope to find out further information about Bagley and Rogers, and will post it on ET when I do.
Thanks