Photos of Titanic salvaged items

M

Mikael Jonsson

I read somewhere about a cd with photos of the items and of the wreck. Does anyone know about this?

/mike

Jul 7, 2002
Mike,

The CD is Titanic: An Interactive Journey, published by Europress. It's for Windows 95 or 3.1 and Macintosh. I have a Mac and found my copy at an online Mac software store for $10.

Cathy

Jun 10, 1999
It is a shame that RMSTI did not grant the publication of a second editon to "Les Objects de Titanic", which offers extensive coverage of the '87 artifact retrieval. (You read about them, but did'nt see them in your KAMUDACATOR)

Yo Adrian...let me see you find that one on E-BAY...;-)

However our memories are fond of the '85 discovery of TITANIC (That particular 1 Sept), what can you recall, and perhaps convey your emotional reaction to seeing the artifacts in all their Victorian glory?

Me, I was transfixed at the grocery checkout stand with a TIME magazine ('87) article..."Treasures reclaimed from the deep".

Note: This was the very first the 1st class vase was revealed (red w/gilt handles).

I was taken aback! Never imagined something so spectaclar giving us a second look...

Michael A. Cundiff
USA

Steve Smith

Dec 14, 1998
The Europress CD-rom is a good one: Well worth having. Lots of stuff on the background of the ship as well as the salvaged items - and a very good representation of the wreck that you can move round in 3D

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Steve,

I agree, that CD is a great one to own. Not only have I enjoyed going down to the wreck, but also the Senate inquiry as well.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

JJAstorII

Mar 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The red vase with the handles is from the first class lounge. Personally I think it fits nowhere in the decor, but that’s what Robert Ballard says in his first book along with pictures