Picked up two books at library today

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beckey Payne

Wondering if anyone has read either of these, especially the bio, and what you thought of them.

Molly Brown: Unraveling the Myth by Kristen Iversen

and

Titanic Voices: Memories from the Fateful Voyage by Donald Hyslop, Alastair Forstyth, and Sheila Jemima

Mar 18, 2000
Don't know about the Molly Brown book, but Titanic Voices is good stuff! Lots of material/photos not found elsewhere.

Tad G. Fitch

Dec 13, 1999
Dear Beckey,
Like Bill, I have not read the Molly Brown book, and cannot comment on whether it is any good or not. However, Titanic Voices is an excellent book, not only for the great photographs in it, but also because of some of the accounts and information contained in it. The only thing that I did not like about the book was the fact that it did not have an index, a problem which was solved by hard work from Bill and others, who actually made an index for it. I'd definitely recommend picking up Titanic Voices, and then getting a copy of the index that they made to go along with it as well.
All my best,
Tad Fitch

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
Beckey:
The Iversen book is the definitive work about Molly Brown. Most of the others you will find are full of the myths that have popped up since the Debbie Reynolds musical. It is a big book, well documented, and had the full co-operation of the many descendants of this illustrious lady.

Mrs. Brown's great grand daughter, Muffet Brown, is an ET fan, and may be reading this. She is a real Titanic buff, is in demand for public presentations about Molly Brown, and recently published an excellent coloring book about her GGM.

Mar 10, 1998
Beckey,
The Molly Brown bio is a very good one. Miss Iverson had the full cooperation of most of Molly's descendants--in fact, she met and married Molly's great-grandson in the process of writing the book. So now she is Molly's great-granddaughter-in-law.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.