Picture worth a thousand unimaginable words

Karlee Weiler

Oct 8, 2009
In 2005, The History Channel sent Rob Goldsmith down to the bottom of the Atlantic to witness the wreck site of the Titanic. Rob got a chance to shoot some footage of his own and posted it on YouTube. It's title is "Tale of Two Journeys." While watching the mesmerizing footage, I noticed a face so familiar it was scary. At about 3:03, the camera reaches Captain Smith's bathroom. Attached, is what I saw and hopefully many of you can see as well. It is the only thing I can see in the still image. Let me know what you think...and sorry the writing is so sloppy, im on my lap top! =)
205683.jpg

Mar 3, 2010
Yes...yes you are. Haha. Yeah I see it, but only because you pointed it out. And it really doesn't bare the slightest resemblance in my opinion. Except for the part that somewhat looks like a beard.

Erin Hopkins

Apr 11, 2009
I'm sorry to burst your bubble Karlee but what you're seeing is called "matrixing." The way the light is shining on it makes it look like what our brains "see" as a face.

But for the record I'm a firm believer in the paranormal.

Jan 29, 2001
As was the face on Mars, it's just an anomaly.
If you look harder at Titanic wreck images, I am certain you will find other people features. I was so interested in the face on Mars, that upon furthur research I found a NASA image of the most perfect shaped heart...just a freak formation, a direct result of a sandslide.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Jan 29, 2001
However Karlee, I must thank-you for the mention of Rob Goldsmith. There are some awesom Titanic wreck images on his web-site. A great image of the imbedded rudder is found, for very few images of the rudder are available. I can think of only one in Ballard's book and the one in the THS journal in regards to out-takes from "Ghosts of the Abyss", presented on behalf of Ken Marschall.
Also, per the Goldsmith wreck images...that is about as close you will ever get to the port-wing propellor!!

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Oct 14, 2009
I'm with you on that one, Matthew. I think it looks more like the golden Aztec statuette at the beginning of "Raiders of the Lost Ark."