Pictures & Dives

AL Glover

Apr 15, 2005
hello all hope your ok,
just a "curious" question,
with all the photos taken to the 'shop', reguardless if by ballard or nat'l geograp,ect) but with all the orignal 1st set of pictures taken for the nationl geograpic, (what 10-20,000 plus picts) i wonder why they are not shown, i mean surly so many picts were taken of the bow.stern,inside,debris field, why don't the different companies not share all of them with the public,or put them in 1 big book, ?"AA"

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>why don't the different companies not share all of them with the public,or put them in 1 big book, ?"AA"<<

As I understand it, a lot of the photos are held by the NOAA or Woods Hole and they can be accessed, albit it would take some work to get permission. The catch is that with tens of thousands of photos, it's not really practical to publish the lot. Most would be of little use to anyone but dedicated researchers who know exactly what they're looking at. Some would also be of dubious quality. In any event, were some enterprising soul to try and collate and publish the lot, It would probably take dozens of volumns to do so. In light of that and market realities which make that impractical, the parties who hold these photos have to be choosy about what they pick for publication.

AL Glover

Apr 15, 2005
hello Michael, THANK U for the good reply oh,ok understand,about the quality & also the Technical aspects of the photos, guess i was "thinking '' photos would be as clear or viewable as those of the bow or top,side,stern views of the "SHIP". take care ok, "AA'