Pictures of Queen Mary 2 on her first sea trials today Sept2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Thanks for the link Jerry, those are great photos.

Looking forward to next April, aren't we John?
grin.gif

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Thanks for the Link, Jerry.

I see, in the pictures, all the apparatus that will be used to keep me and Jason from "Floating off on Cloud 9".
grin.gif
proud.gif
smile.gif

BTW, Chris, Tarn: Only "MOLLY" was unsinkable.
happy.gif
crazy.gif

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Now it's:
1. 108 days 'til January 12th: Maiden Voyage;
2. 199 days 'til April 12th: Return to Southampton;
3. 203 days 'til April 16th: Maiden Southampton to New York Voyage; and
4. 212 days 'til April 25th: Return Trip to Southampton, accompanied by the QE2;.

And, yes, I have "Countdown to April 6th": 193 days until I leave for London. Definitely looking forward to it.
grin.gif

We'll still have to see whether Inger, Phil, Brian, Geoff, et al will be out along the docks in Southampton, watching the ship take off, and cheering her return.
grin.gif
wink.gif
crazy.gif
smile.gif

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 18, 2003
New Jersey,USA
Thank you to Martin,Jason,Chris and John.My comment on Tarn's weak joke ,Well Tarn like Roseann Rosanna Danna used to say on Saturday Night Live all those years ago and I quote "It's so funny I forgot to laugh". Sincerely,Jerry Nuovo

Jan 7, 2002
Just curious..How many of you have booked passage on the QM2?
Anyone here planning to sail the upcoming Queen Victoria on her maiden voyage?

regards

Tarn Stephanos

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Tarn, right now four of us will be on the Queen Mary 2 voyages, though only Jason and I will be on the same one, April 16 - 22nd.

However, we hope to get together with Jim and Jerry in New York, following our excursion.

I don't have any data about the Victoria's schedule, or who might be thinking about being on that ship.

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 18, 2003
New Jersey,USA
Tarn, On April 25,2004,I will aboard the Queen Elizabeth 2 as on that date both the Queen Elizabeth 2 and Queen Mary 2 will both sail out of New York to Southampton.Both ships will arrive in Southampton on May 1,2004.And on May 1,2004 I will be aboard the Queen Mary 2 sailing back to New York.Next week on October 7,2003 I will be aboard the Queen Elizabeth 2 on a cruise to Canada and one of the ports of call will be to Halifax so I will go to the cemetery were the Titanic victims are buried.The only thing I know about the next Cunard Ship after Queen Mary 2 named Queen Victoria is that they already started construction on her at a shipyard in Italy and that Queen Victoria's maiden voyage will be in April,2005.If I found out anything else about Queen Victoria I'll let you know. Sincerely,Jerry Nuovo

Jan 7, 2002
I want to do the Queen Victoria maiden voyge..
Jason, if you still are willing to room up, let me know!

regards

tarn

Tim Brandsoy

Feb 19, 2002
The QV will be a smaller liner with 1,986 passengers at 83,000 tons.It will have a covered wrap around promenade deck, forward-facing observation lounge and a large Lido pool with a retractable magrodome. 67% of "her" accommodations will feature balconies. No surprise: it "will have a decidedly British flavor."

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 18, 2003
New Jersey,USA
In the travel section of the Sunday New York Times of September 28,2003 there is an interesting article about the Queen Mary 2.I did want to link it to this website but you have to pay a fee just to be able to read the article. Sincerely,Jerry Nuovo

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi John,

"I see, in the pictures, all the apparatus that will be used to keep me and Jason from "Floating off on Cloud 9"."

LOL! They should come in handy then!

Hi Tarn,

I'm still interested in sharing a cabin with you on the Queen Victoria.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.