Pierre Marechal

C

Carol Fletez

My daughter, whose last name is now different from mine, believes she may be related to the Pierre Marechal listed in the first class passenger list. She is trying to find out more about him and what happened to him after the Titanic. Her last name is spelled Marichal. If you have more facts about him, please send them to my email address. Many Thanks!

Carol Fletez
Maryland

Gavin Bell

Dec 12, 1999
Does anyone have information on Pierre Marechal's further whereabouts after the disaster? Please send any details as to when and where he died.

Thanks

Cameron Bell

A

Alijack

I know someone who is related to Pierre Marechal (distantly). Can you tell what your interest is Please

Apr 26, 2005
Did Pierre Maréchal ever let a decent account of his experiences on the Titanic in the family? If so, do you know if the account was published? I would be very interested to read it. Much appreciated.

Charles

Jul 29, 2001
I have just registered on this website today and have not yet discovered many of its treasures, so forgive me if this query has been asked elsewhere, but.....
Was the surviving passenger Pierre Marechal (described as "an aviator") any relation to (or indeed could he possibly have been..) the driver of the Aston Martin which crashed in the 1949 Le Mans 24 Hour Race in June 1949 and who died in hospital shortly afterwards??
Can anyone help?

bob

Jul 29, 2001
I came across the above post which I made on my debut back in July 2001 and thought it looked a bit lonely, having had no replies.
sad.gif

I've tried to track down Monsieur Marechal on some aviation websites, but without any success. I wonder if anyone could point me towards any evidence that he was, in fact, an aviator. Was this just something which he claimed in conversation with other passengers or do we know it to be true?

cheers,

bob

Jul 29, 2001
Oh, and just a quick afterthought to the above...

I'd like to thank Phil Gowan who was able to confirm (in a private e-mail) that M. Marechal was NOT the driver of the racing car mentioned in the first post above.

bob