Planned OceanGate Expedition to Titanic

davey

May 24, 2020
Wish they could attach a spade to their submersible and dig around the starboard bow. Might see her original coat of paint under the sand. They could also dig around the starboard propeller and see if the third blade is there.

It would be fascinating to get a better look at the large blade that was found on the sea floor a few miles away from the wreck.

View attachment 40921

The original survey teams thought the current was strong enough to push the Titanic 4 miles away from her SOS position, and they searched inside this circle. They found a large blade but they could not find the wreck.

View attachment 40922

The wreck was found just outside the circle and was around 3 miles E.N.E. of the large blade, which could mean the currents were far more powerful than they realized. The bodies and lifeboats were carried away in that direction and the debris field on the seafloor is also scattered across a great distance in the same direction.

View attachment 40923

It would be interesting if the blade could one day be recovered. I believe it struck the ice and fell during the collision or was thrown off soon after by the rapid stopping of the engines. The blue circle is where the blade was found, and the red dot is where the wreck was found. The lighter debris was scattered further in the same direction.

Chart from 1981.

View attachment 40924

it was in discovery of the titanic .jack grim thought it was a blade .but it turned out to be a rock

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
In 2021, OceansGate will set out to survey the entire wreck! I think even the interior, but I could be wrong. Another thing, this could also be the expedition where they recover the Marconi Room equipment. I'm so excited! What're y'alls thoughts on this?

jrboi

Oct 5, 2020
hopefully they livestream the whole thing. would love to see the majority of the interior surveyed before its gone

Reactions: 1 user

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
that's awesome, where could I get that info? and did the say exactly where they will go? as well if they'll livestream it?
I think they said they'll go inside the hull here
Ok found when they're going for sure!
1608737659398.png

two whole months at Titanic?!

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2005
let's hope they do, or change their mind..
Yes I hope they are able to go at all and not get delayed again. Time is running out for the wreck at least to the point of being able to navigate inside her. Collapse seems to be accerlerating from looking at that last pictures of her. Would also be nice if they could explore somehow the center prop more but it doesn't seem to be in their plan. But anything will be better than nothing. Hope it goes foward. Merry Christmas everybody!

Reactions: 1 users

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Yes I hope they are able to go at all and not get delayed again. Time is running out for the wreck at least to the point of being able to navigate inside her. Collapse seems to be accerlerating from looking at that last pictures of her. Would also be nice if they could explore somehow the center prop more but it doesn't seem to be in their plan. But anything will be better than nothing. Hope it goes foward. Merry Christmas everybody!
I agree, because the way the Boat Deck is sloping down to A-Deck, for all we know some of the Dining Saloon is crushed flat. We truly are running out of time

Something I saw, screenshotted for my Bow Wreck collection, is that it looks like C-Deck is sloping down onto D-Deck. At least the forward portion looks closer than it should be.
D-Deck Third Class Open space  forwards.JPG

What do you think? What if the Third Class open space isn't accessible anymore?! Hopefully the interior of the Bow is ok

jrboi

Oct 5, 2020
I agree, because the way the Boat Deck is sloping down to A-Deck, for all we know some of the Dining Saloon is crushed flat. We truly are running out of time

Something I saw, screenshotted for my Bow Wreck collection, is that it looks like C-Deck is sloping down onto D-Deck. At least the forward portion looks closer than it should be.
View attachment 74894
What do you think? What if the Third Class open space isn't accessible anymore?! Hopefully the interior of the Bow is ok
To be fair, if that whole space collapsed then we can scratch the idea of going father down Scotland road, and a thing that not many people know that is their are stairs right next to Scotland road that go down to f deck, literally bypassing the water tight doors to the pool which is crazy. and another thing is that hallway directly opposite to Scotland road that gives access to the stairs down to the squash court :(. I feel like we are all tired of these 3d scanning's of the outer wreck and not 3d scanning's of the inside.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
To be fair, if that whole space collapsed then we can scratch the idea of going father down Scotland road, and a thing that not many people know that is their are stairs right next to Scotland road that go down to f deck, literally bypassing the water tight doors to the pool which is crazy. and another thing is that hallway directly opposite to Scotland road that gives access to the stairs down to the squash court :(. I feel like we are all tired of these 3d scanning's of the outer wreck and not 3d scanning's of the inside.
Yes!! You couldn't have said it better!
Why not have a mosaic of the Reception Room , or Third Class open space? Why not the Turkish Baths!

jrboi

Oct 5, 2020
Yes!! You couldn't have said it better!
Why not have a mosaic of the Reception Room , or Third Class open space? Why not the Turkish Baths!
and I'm sure their definitely is the technology that can scan the inside of the wreck without going everywhere inside.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
and I'm sure their definitely is the technology that can scan the inside of the wreck without going everywhere inside.
I'd like to see an "X-ray" then we could get, like, a good view of her current structure, and whether there's any spaces we can penetrate. What if we saw the Boiler rooms! :O

jrboi

Oct 5, 2020
I'd like to see an "X-ray" then we could get, like, a good view of her current structure, and whether there's any spaces we can penetrate. What if we saw the Boiler rooms! :O
That was exactly what I was thinking, if only we were in charge ;)

• Haha

Hillary P

Dec 6, 2020
Ok, I think it was confirmed they'll go in May! And, they said they'll go inside the Hull too!!
I am very excited. I really want to see inside. I have so many places I want to see. However, what do y’all think of the pushback as far as “grave robbing” or disturbing a memorial site? Personally, I think that the victims and their lives can be honored by sharing the story. Showing the beauty and tragedy of Titanic. A lot of times people have a hard time understanding things they cannot see, so any artifacts brought up will ensure future generations will get to see Titanic. If exploration and salvage are done respectfully, it would help keep memories alive. (Also, I have heard that if human remains are discovered all filming will be stopped and the recordings would not be shared.)

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
I am very excited. I really want to see inside. I have so many places I want to see. However, what do y’all think of the pushback as far as “grave robbing” or disturbing a memorial site? Personally, I think that the victims and their lives can be honored by sharing the story. Showing the beauty and tragedy of Titanic. A lot of times people have a hard time understanding things they cannot see, so any artifacts brought up will ensure future generations will get to see Titanic. If exploration and salvage are done respectfully, it would help keep memories alive. (Also, I have heard that if human remains are discovered all filming will be stopped and the recordings would not be shared.)
Time is running out, y'all!

jrboi

Oct 5, 2020
If some way they get down to the boiler rooms , there's is a possibility that there are human remains under the mud that will cover probably a decent percent of the floor, but who know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Incony

Mar 11, 2020
its probably not possible, to reach the generator rooms i guess, but the generators were running right up until the break up... and i am led to believe the generators had mechanical timer counters ( for servicing things like bearings etc.. ) those timer records were lost with the sinking.. but knowing what those timers say.. would interest me.. the problem is there is scant detailed information on the generators.. i cant remember where i read about the log timers ( like car milometers in comparison ) i understand that debris from the generator rooms has been found... piecing back together what can be seen, would give much more information on what happened in the generator rooms when the lights went out for the last time. Sadly too, that when the Olympic was broken up, there is no information about those generators, other that general images of them, and the controls, and field coil adjustments meters etc, Understanding the electrical principles isnt my interest, its whats left now , can tell us about the last moments. That said, putting 100v DC at very high current, into sea water would cause electrolysis in extreme.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users