Plans of Titanic's interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2005
Brøndby Strand, Denmark
Hi everyone…

I am about to start modeling a 3d model of the Titanic. It is a rather big project where I will model both exterior and as much of the interior as possible down to the smallest details. I have already bought the Hahn plans and the Bruce Beveridge general arrangement plans. But I still need something that shows how the walls, roofs and carpets have looked like. I know there are many photos but what about construction plans or drawings? I have seen something in a book once where you could see the panels and the windows. It looked like the plans used by the carpenters. Does anyone know where to find such plans?

- Kenneth

Matt Simons

Mar 12, 2005
Kenneth, what a great idea. I can tell you what you need to know about the reading and Writing Room. Thanks to Daniel.

Matt Simons

Mar 12, 2005
I will be very interested in seeing your model. I am building a reading and writing room model, but it is in the early stages. There are grand staircase models, lounge models and smoking room models (all first class) on this board, they are excellent, I will give you the links when I find them, which will be today.

May 18, 2005
Brøndby Strand, Denmark
Thanks Matt, I will appreciate that.
Right now I am only researching and planing how to approach this project. But as soon as I start modeling, I will lay out pictures so you can see the progress
happy.gif

Matt Simons

Mar 12, 2005
Kenneth, who are you directing that post to? if it is to me, then i will say that most of them are of Franks Grand Staircase model, the rest are from Daniel.

T

Thomas Wadsworth

Ok, firstly congrats on the idea, but if you are going to do this properly, you have to match the Titanic with the original manned Sub and Research ship that went to it first. 'Alvin' and the support/research vessel 'Atlantis', part of the WHOI (woods hole oceanographic institute). To make things that little easier they do a kit online that they use for tv. Its a high detail model and looks the amazing!! Heres the site.....
http://www.fxmodels.com/alv-kit.shtml

I have been on Atlantis and in Alvin. Alvin is an amazing piece of equipment, the only down side is that it handles like a pig. I also have piloted Rov's for a living and I know the feeling of seeing a wreck through the foggy water for the first time. Even gone into caves where 'no man has gone before', Pardon the pun
happy.gif
So all for your idea it will be damn nice when finished. But as I said no point in mistmatching the Wreck, Research/support vessel and sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.