Plans on Discovery Channel site

Evan Landrum

Jun 2, 2005
Does anyone know who did the plans that are on the Discovery Channel site? They are the best I have ever seen. I always wondered how people got onto those two staircases between the boat deck & A deck by the 3rd funnel - now I know - sliding teak doors.

I would love to have a set of them.

J

Jeffrey Word

I just bought my set from Bruce last week and can't wait to receive them and check them out!

Jeff.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Bruce's plans are a sight to see! They are 3' x 5'. Get a cardboard or plastic tube to keep them in. They are printed on fairly light paper and need a bit of TLC. Highly recommended!

Evan Landrum

Jun 2, 2005
Thanks for the answers about the plans.

I had always wondered about access to those staircases but had never asked for fear of being flamed. I have been coming here for years but that was my first post

J

Jeffrey Word

LOL Yeah Evan sometimes asking questions in here can be kinda scary. Depending on who sees them and answers them. Some can be a lot more harsh than others. I've noticed that while surfing through some old forums. I feel though, that there's no such thing as a stupid question. Probably because I've got a few of them myself.
happy.gif
Most people in here are really great though, from what I've seen so don't worry. The ones that aren't nice, ignore!
happy.gif

Don't ever be afraid to ask!!

Jeff.

Jul 31, 2008
This forum led me to these great plans of the Titanic. However, I think I found an error. If you look at the plans, look at E-deck and then go to the forward 3. class area. Look at the stairs just forward of the nr. 2 hatch on the starboard side.
Why would there be a gate on those stairs? Wouldn't going up take you to the 3. class open space and going down to the 3. class cabin area below?
Or am I mistaking, or was there a reason for a gate there?

[Moderator's note: This message and the two below it, originally a separate thread, have been moved to this pre-existing thread discussing the Discovery Channel plans. MAB]

Jul 31, 2008
I have been studying those plans, I know it is a little pointless, but I love finding out, how people would have gotten around on the ship.
Another question about those plans. Still looking at E-deck, look at the section between bulkheads L and K. It would seem that both from the passenger cabins on the starboard side and the crew quarters on the other side there were no way of escaping once the wtd's were closed. There must have been emergency escape ladders through the engine casing. The plan does show a door into the casing.
I believe there where stairs in every other section.

Jul 31, 2008
I am sorry to bring up an old thread, but I would like an answer to my question about the stairs.
Never mind about my question about the escape route, I found the answer. In another thread on this forum it is stated that there was an escape ladder through the engine casing.
However, the staircase I mentioned in the earlier post, on the Discovery Channel deck plans, the staircase is shown having a bostwick gate. I cannot figure out why it would be there. Do you think it is a mistake, or was there a reason for a gate?