Plans to remember today

amy sutak

Mar 6, 2006
I was wondering what you will do to remember her today?I went to the artifact exhibit for the 3rd time today.I plan on watching antr again and Titanic.I will also take time out today as much as I can to remember those lost and saved.Time zones are different for everyone so I would love to hear your plans and the things you did.

James Doyle

Jul 30, 2002
Well its going to be a Titanic themed week. Over the past few nights I have been watching Titanic in intervals, usually before I go to bed. I am going away on Thursday so while I pack I think I will watch ANTR and can anyone take a guess what book I will be reading on the plane? Thats right! A Night to Remember. But yes, everyone should take a moment to remember the 1500 people who lost their lives today, 91 years ago.

Apr 11, 2001
60974.jpg
60975.jpg
A stop to visit Aunt Lu and Marshall for me with daffodils at Ashaway and Riverbend, then on to Newport to map out the Titanic sites for next week's convention- ANTR before bed as always. Uncle Jim's stone was carved in Westerly blue granite by his brother- Marshall's Dad and is one of his finest I think. Aunt Lu's name is on the other side as Lulu Opie. Also their little boy who died as an infant is buried there.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
For me, it was watching "Titanic, Answers From The Abyss" on one of the Discovery channels while hunting trolls on the U.S. Military Board. It reminded me of how much has been learned thanks to the discovery and exploration of the wreck. Constantly seeing the research and opinions expressed here reminds me of how much more we have yet to learn.

Nov 12, 2006
The usual, Camerons Titanic, A night to remember then a few national Geographic Videos. We are fortunate to Have a monument in the form of a statue of E.J. Smith a few miles down the road so I will be off to place a wreath Later. After that, probably a period of reflection followed by another four hours on the minicraft!!!!

Rich

Charmaine Sia

Nov 25, 2001
For me, no movies. Merely books, to read and recall the brave souls. I'll be making my way through Robert Ballard's "The Discovery of the Titanic" once again.

Regards,
Charmaine

Don Tweed

Mar 30, 2006
I kept asking my wife what time is it about every 15 minutes and reflecting on what the crew and passengers must have been doing.
Eating lunch, strolling the decks, finishing dinner, watching the sunset.
I kept seeing im my minds eye her making her way across the North Atlantic to keep her date with destiny.
My wife asked me, "Are you going to watch the Mariners game?" "Not tonight."
So we settled down and watched ANTR, then the Ntnl. Geo. video and finally Legend Lives On.
So in a sense we did watch the Mariners.
P.S.- Jeff Cirilo of the Meriners hit a titanic home run to seal the victory for the M's
happy.gif

-Don

S

Simon Welch

At 11.40 I read a Titanic book until 2.20 then I just looked at my model Titanic in silence, finding it hard to believe it really happened. Its just such a wierd feeling, its amazing how something like that can get you.

I'll watch ANTR tonight. I remember seeing Titanic in the cinema on the 15 April once after it had been out a while, the audience was completely different from when I saw it the first time.

P

Peyton Jenkins

Last night (the 14th), lying in bed, I listened to my "Titanic" the musical CD while reading the chapter in Daniel Allen Baker's marvelous "Unsinkable" where the ship goes down. Then, after turning off the lights, I tried to concentrate and think on what it must have been like to be there that night. This morning, I sent off an email to all of my unhistorical friends, telling them the importance of today and giving a small history of the ship and its victims.

Jul 11, 2001
I stopped nearby at Cedar Hill cemetary to pay respects at the monuments of Richard L. Beckwith and J.P.Morgan. A Titanic survivor and the man who ultimately owned the Titanic. J.P. might as well have been a victom too, having never recovered from the shock of the loss of his friends. A local radio station played Titanic related music all afternoon. None of our local TV stations were showing any Titanic related shows, so I watched the latest J.Cameron Titanic. Tonight, it is off to see Ghosts of the Abyss.

Dave

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
I tend to spend 10-15 April watching the movies, usually one a day, in an event I call Titanithon. Unfortunately, I went out of town on Friday, which threw the whole thing off. So I only watched "Atlantic" before I left. Arriving home Sunday, I was too tired to watch anything, and last night I just ran out of time. So maybe I can still fit in "A Night to Remember" tonight.

Josh.

Don Tweed

Mar 30, 2006
Simon,
I think I know what you mean by "just looking at my model." I do the same thing.
I have put in some odd 8 years of passionate work on my Academy model and find myself just sitting and getting lost looking at her.
As has been said many times before, who knows what it is that draws us to her.
But, I am thankful for it. The void it would create in my artistic and deep felt doings is to great to want to comprehend.
I thank all of you for being here and sharing a passion that will never end till I myself meet that great gettin' up morning.
Maybe this is the time to thank one and all for furthering my addiction and giving me a better and broader way of looking at things.
Respectfully, Don

S

Simon Welch

Don

I know exactly what you mean, I've moved house twice in the last three years and never felt it was my home until my Academy model and Titanic books, video etc were all in place.

Nov 11, 2005
The relatives of Sidney Goodwin and my relatives (of the Panula family) are going to hold a somewhat private memorial in August in Halifax for the children lost on Titanic, but i only took a moment of silence today. I thought alot about the tragedy the last two days, as i typically do around this time.