Plastic cup And anomalies at the site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Are there any photos of litter at the wreck site? <<

I've heard it mentioned though I haven't personally seen any of them. That certainly looks like a plastic cup to me, though my eyes could be playing tricks on me. (Those things tend not to sink.) I know that bottles of modern origin have been something of a problem.

Damon Hill

Jun 13, 2004
I remember reading somewhere that someone, I think it might have been Robert Ballard, mentioned seeing a pepsi can laying in the debris field which had been thrown overboard from one of the research vessels. I've not seen any pics though. I have seen the pic you have posted before and thought that looked like a plastic cup under there as well!

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
I believe there's quite a bit of junk. I have photos by Andrew Rogers showing a modern rope and what is possibly a ballast net bag draped across the wreck. That was back in 1998, so anything could be down there by now.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>OR 3rd class had a kegger.<<

Well now, you just can't turn down a good keg of stout just because you're dead, can you?(Now if it's Coor's Light, I'll just stay in the hereafter!)
wink.gif

Reactions: 1 user
I suppose it makes sense that garbage is polluting the site. Like the plastic cup, there are so mayn areas for items to be swept under and trapped.

It's a bummer, but it's the reality of the situation.

Where would the ballast net have come from? A sub? Or a vessel at the surface not knowing where it would land?

Status
Not open for further replies.