Plating and Riveting Patterns

CollinSearls

Aug 20, 2018
Hello everyone! First post on here!

I’m currently 3D modeling the Titanic and I’m almost at the point where I’m wanting to work on the hull details. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a pattern, or just the blueprints, or something of the plating and riveting on the ship. I’m hoping there’s a pattern so that I can create a section and have a tiling image texture.

Here’s a look at one of my progress pics from a few days ago (I’ve since added a few more things, such as adding details to the smokestacks):
Titanic Progress Render

Sec'

Aug 22, 2018
Bristol
I know this maybe a year or so late, but if you're still after those details you can get copies of genuine H&W ship plans from national museums Northern Ireland: nmni.com. Look in their picture library for their digital archive of ship plans. You can order high quality e-copies.

For what you're after I'd search for shell expansion plan, riveting plans, and any specific deck plans you may need

Attachments

• Digitised-Olympic-and-Titanic-Ship-Plans.xlsx
    23.7 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: 1 user

amundsson

Joakim Amundsson
Oct 30, 2020
Karlstad, Sweden
I know this maybe a year or so late, but if you're still after those details you can get copies of genuine H&W ship plans from national museums Northern Ireland: nmni.com. Look in their picture library for their digital archive of ship plans. You can order high quality e-copies.

For what you're after I'd search for shell expansion plan, riveting plans, and any specific deck plans you may need
Do you know what the price is for these digital copys?

Sec'

Aug 22, 2018
Bristol
Do you know what the price is for these digital copys?
I don't I'm afraid, you'd be best off sending them an email inquiring. I imagine it will change a lot if the image is already scanned and ready or it they will need to.
Interested though so please let us know what they say!

amundsson

Joakim Amundsson
Oct 30, 2020
Karlstad, Sweden
I don't I'm afraid, you'd be best off sending them an email inquiring. I imagine it will change a lot if the image is already scanned and ready or it they will need to.
Interested though so please let us know what they say!
I have now got a response from them and the price is £15.00 + VAT per hi-res-image for personal use. (no-sharing) If you want to share it there is another price. I'm not intrested in sharing so have not asked for that price. I did also get a zip file with all the drawing in low-res. This is so i can choose and know what to get. Great service!!

1614951067362.png

Last edited:

B-rad

Jul 1, 2015
Tacoma, WA
I have now got a response from them and the price is £15.00 + VAT per hi-res-image for personal use. (no-sharing) If you want to share it there is another price. I'm not intrested in sharing so have not asked for that price. I did also get a zip file with all the drawing in low-res. This is so i can choose and know what to get. Great service!!

View attachment 75935
I have had contact with them before, and they are great, and they sent me a spread sheet of what they had, but I've never seen this ZIP before. Can you provide whom you contacted? After my fourth request for a low res. image I stopped getting responses.

Thanks for sharing!

amundsson

Joakim Amundsson
Oct 30, 2020
Karlstad, Sweden
I have had contact with them before, and they are great, and they sent me a spread sheet of what they had, but I've never seen this ZIP before. Can you provide whom you contacted? After my fourth request for a low res. image I stopped getting responses.

Thanks for sharing!
Hi! Yeah they really are, and he also said that some of the images are in hi-res already in the zip so i might not have to buy them after seeing the files.

I have been talking with Stephen.

You know what. I am going to look thru this list, i will make an pdf with all numbers and also a miniature of all images and post it here. I am going to do the work anyway :)