Playroom

M

Matt

I'm sure everyone has see this in ANTR. They had it on the starboard side in the spot where the gymnasium was supposed to be. I don't know why they put it in the film perhaps they were unable to recreate the gym or someone was reading the wrong plans! I don't know but I love that they put it in the film. It makes me wish it had been on the Titanic. It also gives everyone the chance to see something of the Britannic come to life. I'm not sure if there would have been those paintings on the walls but the room looks spot on. It was of course a mirror image of the gymnasium.
Titanic09

Titanic09

A

Anne N.

I believe it was for poignancy. The hobby horse is seen just before the collision, then later it flips over, and finally we see it in the ocean just before the credits. It represents all the lost children (though 3rd class children presumably wouldn't have been able to play there).

Mike Stevens

Mike Stevens

I believe it was for poignancy. The hobby horse is seen just before the collision, then later it flips over, and finally we see it in the ocean just before the credits. It represents all the lost children (though 3rd class children presumably wouldn't have been able to play there).
I just watched ANTR on YouTube last night. About that hobby horse - the film shows the hobby horse tipping over in the playroom. Then the ship (wrongly) sinking in one piece. That being the case (as far as the movie is concerned), just how exactly did the hobby horse make its way to the surface of the ocean? I guess they weren't thinking that deep. Another weird thing was the stained glass windows in the First Class Lounge as depicted in the movie. The stained glass windows show Jesus preaching, Jesus washing someone's feet. Mary Magdalene and another one showing Jesus with fish and loaves of bread. I think they used a church building for that film location!!!

K

Kiku

I just watched ANTR on YouTube last night. About that hobby horse - the film shows the hobby horse tipping over in the playroom. Then the ship (wrongly) sinking in one piece. That being the case (as far as the movie is concerned), just how exactly did the hobby horse make its way to the surface of the ocean? I guess they weren't thinking that deep. Another weird thing was the stained glass windows in the First Class Lounge as depicted in the movie. The stained glass windows show Jesus preaching, Jesus washing someone's feet. Mary Magdalene and another one showing Jesus with fish and loaves of bread. I think they used a church building for that film location!!!
Perhaps the horse was made of something lighter than water (LOL) ... after all, debris kept popping to the surface long after Titanic had disappeared beneath the waves.

Mike Stevens

Mike Stevens

Yes, I know wood floats. I was asking myself, if the movie showed that the ship did not break into two parts, that means the playroom must have been intact. So did the hobby horse go through a window? Did it go through a door that opened up. Usually things that inside of ships that don't break up, are taken down with the ship. Once a break up does happen, everything in that area is now scattered and either floats or sinks. Same reason all the mattresses from all the cabins never floated up, they were trapped inside the cabins all the way to the bottom.

Steven Christian

Steven Christian

I didn't see a church listed but that dosen't mean they didn't film some scenes in one. Sometimes these lists aren't complete. Cheers.