Please Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar Khokhar

Dec 6, 2002
Can you one day in the future, produce a book with Ken Marschall titled:

"Lusitania: An Illustrated History"

I just know that if it were to happen, it would be the finest Lusitania book ever produced!

Eric Sauder

Nov 12, 2000
Hi, Omar:

Thanks for your confidence in my abilities. I'd love to write one if you can find someone to publish it!

Eric Sauder

Omar Khokhar

Dec 6, 2002
If you did decide to write a book with Ken, given the fact Ken has produced a few books over the years-then surely given Ken`s reputation finding a publisher wouldn`t be a problem.

Either way, I just hope such a book comes out and soon!

Sep 22, 2003
Coatesville, PA
Eric

I Cant't see why someone wouldn't publish it, if that of course is your reason, Than Ive been wrong, as I thought you were still in the process of study and research, which I don't know whether you are or not, so thats the furthest ill go there. I just hope its longer than the last book.

Sep 22, 2003
Coatesville, PA
Thats not exactly what I meant by that. of course a researcher who has there work published can continue to research long after that, I was suggesting that Eric might be looking for more material, before he gets another book published or attempts to do so.

Dec 13, 1999
I'm sorry Jesse, but I find your remarks about England and Northern Ireland both offensive and totally out of place on this Board. This thread is Lusitania related and not a sounding board for anyone's political inclinations.

Sep 22, 2003
Coatesville, PA
That Remark is part of my Signature, and its my right to put it there, its called freedom of speech. I Will however delete it if any other board members besides you and Omar see a problem w/ it.

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Quote: "I Will however delete it if any other board members besides you and Omar see a problem w/ it."

I see a problem "w/" it.

Ben

Omar Khokhar

Dec 6, 2002
Jesse,you can believe what ever you want about Northern Ireland. No one is objecting to that. However, this is a forum about Lusitania. I`m sure there are other forums on the internet where you can discuss Northern Ireland.

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
I'm just happy at the prospect of any publication from Eric - and am quite content to leave the question of length to him!
I'm rather an advocate of the idea that "the process of study and research" does not stop the moment a researcher decides to publish their material, whether in book or article form. What I've discovered, through looking into the lives of passengers and crew associated with various shipwrecks, is that there is always something new and fascinating to be learned.
Well put, Ben. Indeed, drawing the line and deciding when to go to publication can be a difficult question, as there is usually always another tantalising lead or two to follow. I've procrastinated on periodical articles I've been approached to write, as even within that comparatively limited scope the urge to follow every single possible lead to the utmost limit is overwhelming. I've always been reluctant to wrap up my work on Lowe, as new information seems to come in on a fairly regular basis.

Jesse, I'm glad you removed the message. Many of us here have very strong political opinions (for example, I have very strong views on the situation in Northern Ireland, both historic and current). However, there is a time and a place for everything, and applying discretion in when to voice that opinion and when not to do so can make you much more effective in getting your views across.

Sep 22, 2003
Coatesville, PA
Out of curiousity, since so many people here seem interested in seeing Another Eric Sauder book on Lusitania, has anyone thought of starting a donation program, where all donated goes towards getting a book by him published Privately or Corporately. I Would Donate, if such a thing existed, as I'm Personally Interested in seeing another book by Eric. Anyone Seriously Interested can Send me a Private Message, Email me, or Message me on Yahoo Messanger, Detail for last 2 provided in Profile.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I'm afraid it may not be that simple, unless Eric chooses to self-publish. First one has to get a publisher interested in the proposal, and that...as many an author who is a member here can attest...is far from easy.

May 8, 2001
I hate to speak for the man, but as he is on an immense, worldwide, fully financed research expedition at the present, I can only pray this is an encouraging sign for the maritime world.
I understand he has a couple wealthy financiers interested and prepared to back him when he is willing and ready, so no need to set up a donation box to try to nudge him along.
I am as anxious to see more of the fruit of decades of hard work, interviews, pictures, and biographies in print from the Sauder brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.