Polish Passengers

• Thread starter Justyna Wlodarska
  • Start date

J

Justyna Wlodarska

Im Polish and I was just wondering if there were any Polish Passengers on board..if you know any please tell me ! thx

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
These four were born in Poland:

Jakob Birnbaum (1st Class - died)
Rosa Pinsky (2nd Class - survived)
Leah Aks and her baby Frank ('Filly') (3rd Class - survived)

Father Juozas Montvila (2nd Class - died) was born in Lithuania near Marijampole - now Poland?

T

Talia Piotrowska

Wasn't Berk Picard (Trembinsky) Polish too? I noticed in his bio in ET that he was born in Warsaw.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Yes, he was a Pole. The confusion over his nationality is due to the fact that, as you know, Poland was not an independent state in 1912 and therefore Berk was classified as Russian. When he appeared at the US Inquiry he stated that he was born in 'Warsaw, Russia.'

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
I believe Pickard was a Pole of the Jewish variety. Senator Smith contacted him through the Hebrew Immigration Society. See The Titanic: The End of a Dream, page 277.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Nobody on the Titanic was called Ropiaki (or Ludwig), and the immigration records in New York have no Ropiaki arriving on any other ship either. Are you sure you have the spelling right?

surameli

Mar 13, 2013
Yes, I believe in family. He came from Georgia and the other names on this ship went up: (Help me understand the