Popular music in 1912

C

Carla Velterop

>No Carla, I wasn't referring your family if you thought that! I was talking about a fictional family<

I didn't say anything '-P

Besides, my family has never been what you would consider a 'very wealthy aristocrat British family'. For one there is German, Greek and Irish in the family blood and we have always been people with not as much money as the wealthy British families... so I think the music my family would have heard would probably have been drunk men singing in the pubs or similar things
Happy

Carla

J

João Carlos Pereira Martins

Carla, no hard feelings. It was just a joke! I don't know your family, so I had no foundations to said that, only kidding. Then, I love UK and the British people more than the Portuguese one!

Thanks, João

L

Lynda Franklin

My thanks to Shelley for providing the links to the songs listed .They may have been designed for children in mind ,but I have love em so I will try and pick up a few copies.

Shelley Dziedzic

Shelley Dziedzic

Not only the lyrics and music- but the actual sheet music was so glorious! You will also love Melody Lane, Lynda. It features all the Titanic-related music as well and is certainly worth the one time $25 fee (Paypal accepted). The sheet music also looks divine framed as wall art too!
http://www.melodylane.net/
They don't write 'em like this anymore.

L

Lynda Franklin

They don't write like this anymore is certainly true .Yeah I just adore the sheet music with the pictures are so lovely.If you have any more links to other sites please list below.My only problem is Paypal I don't have it and am a little nervous I had som problems in the past .

J

Carla, to clarify everything, I'm sorry if I offended you in some way. I had to insist in the "very wealthy" because mostly in UK, a monarchy, families can have aristocrat titles, but it doesn't mean they have money! LOL!

Best regards, João

L

Lynda Franklin

WOW So many people found my link useful.Yeah I know the sound isn't that great but I thought it was a good link.

C

Carla Velterop

>Carla, to clarify everything, I'm sorry if I offended you in some way<

I'm not in any way offended, João
Happy

I was joking when I said what I said... No worries! You're still one of my favorites on this board!

>Then, I love UK and the British people more than the Portuguese one<

Haha, nice to hear it '-) Do you like Dutch people, too? (I'm asking because my father is Dutch, and on my passport my nationality is 'Dutch', even though it should technically be 'Anglo-dutch')

>So many people found my link useful<

It is a cool link, thanks Lynda
Happy

Carla

J

Thanks Carla! I'm much more calm now.

In 2004, Portugal received the European Cup and I had opportunity to contact with some Dutch people. They seemed to me quite nice and amusing folks, and, unfortunately for them,our national team won them. My father went to Amsterdam for a week and he said that people are much more civilized than the Portuguese one (well, in Britain it's not a new but if you went to Portugal you'll understand what I'm referring). Nice guys, they give no problems to other countries. But the British Empire is still my second interest after Titanic history.

Regards, João

J

"You're still one of my favorites on this board!"

I forgot to thank you for this. That's very kind of you and lovely to hear, provided I'm a bore sometimes, with my silly questions (Bob Godfrey and Michael Standart are the main victims. I do apologize).

Thanks.

C

Carla Velterop

>My father went to Amsterdam for a week and he said that people are much more civilized than the Portuguese one<

Not offending your fathers point of view, but out of the whole Dutch city society within Holland I'd say that Amsterdam is one of the less civilized places compared with Haarlem (where I come from originally), Rotterdam etc.

>I'm a bore sometimes, with my silly questions<

I've still to fall victim to that, and I haven't noticed anything boring about what you have to say as yet...

Carla

PS. This is very off topic, but today is my 14th birthday and I can't believe some of the things I was given - quite a few Titanic-related
Happy

J

I caught what you were referring, the "perverse" areas (I'm not sure if it's the correct term) where everything is allowed. Well, my father went there as a doctor, working, but he visited the old Amsterdam, places with culture interests, not that areas of course. Even the the less civilized city in Holland would be better than a Portuguese village, I can assure you.

The conversation is nice, but we should try the private messages when we want to talk about off-topic issues. We're practically using this as chat room and we could receive a moderator's sanction for this.

Ah, and congratulations for your birthday, I hope you to have a fantastic day!

Best regards, João

C

Carla Velterop

>congratulations for your birthday, I hope you to have a fantastic day!<

Thanks, João! I had a great day!

Back on topic, does any-one know if the 'Happy Birthday' song was around in 1912? Just out of interest....

Carla

sir john adams

sir john adams

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I'm searching for music files which are made up of songs from this era(early 20th century) music files that are hopefully able to download. I've done google searches but I've come up empty handed any help will be greatly appreciated