Ports of call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Russo

Apr 10, 2006
I will be on a cruise that docks in Athens at the end of a cruise this summer (Piraeus) and would like to see the Acropolis for the day before I fly out that same evening out of the international airport in Athens.

My question is if anyone knows if there is a baggage room at the Royal Caribbean dock where I might leave my suitcases for the day (while I sight see before returning for them that afternoon to get to the airport.)

Bill West

Dec 14, 2005
Joe if you were getting off the Britannic this would be your board but for modern day sailing could I suggest CruiseCritic.com They have info both by line and by port. I doubt there is anything suitable at Piraeus and it’s in the wrong direction anyway. Sometimes cruise lines can offer departure day tours that finish at an airport but here the time is probably limited. Pre hiring your own car and driver is not always expensive overseas. Taking RCCI’s shuttle to the airport and then returning downtown by bus or cab is also feasible. Look at Google Earth to get a sense of the moderate distances involved and check the airport’s site for transfer information.

Good Sailing, Bill

Joe Russo

Apr 10, 2006
Thanks Bill.
Actually just found out from the cruise company that they will be offering the Acropolis as a day excursion that holds luggage on the tour bus and drops you off a the airport that evening. Probably much better than doing it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.