Poseidon Adventure

Apr 11, 2001
You've got me hooked now Mike! IMDB says Carol
Lynley did not sing There's Got to Be a Morning After in the film, Renee Armand did the crooning, although she used to take credit. She still has the boots and pendant she wore in the movie although the leather boots kept shrinking while filming due to immersion -and did you know she dated David Frost for 18 years!!!She, Pam and Stella are supposed to be providing commentary for the new Poseidon. Cool.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Wow, Mike, I'm impressed! Your knowledge goes far beyond the world of ships and Titanic! ;-) <<

Ach! All I did was poke around the IMDB for a few minutes. No big deal really.

>>IMDB says Carol
Lynley did not sing There's Got to Be a Morning After in the film,<<

Eh? I thought that much was already known.

>>Am now remembering Red Skeleton-now I know he must have gone to his heavenly reward!<<

He did. Red Skelton passed away on September 17, 1997. See http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0804026/

Feb 7, 2005
Looks like "The Poseidon Adventure" will be shown Saturday night, May 27, at 8:00 p.m. (EDT) on USA Network. I may tune in to watch the original once again!

Denise

Aidan Bowe

Aug 11, 2004
Just watched Poseidon again and it got me wondering. What did crew members who had served on The Queen Mary as recently as 5 years before this movie came out,think to seeing her capsize (albeit a very convincing model for 1972)? It would be the equavalent today of a fictional ship using the QE2 as a model.