POSEIDON REVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Glenn Lappin

Just Got back from seeing Poseidon and was quite pleased with this production even though I thought I wasn't going to like it as a big fan of the "72" original. ***IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS***

The end of this movie, COME ON-I TOLD YOU NOT TO READ ON. focuses on the survivors seeking to exit the overturned ship via one of the bowthruster tunnels but their escape is temporarily hindered by the propellers still spinning at high rpm. Now, some moviegoers probably wouldn't be fazed by this phenomenon but the rest of us ship nuts,engineers,mechanics and the like really would like to know where the power for the bowthrusters was coming from. The ship was upside down for several hours and one of the ship's engines fell on Kevin Dillon's face(thank God for gravity).Where is the power source?

An original or modern rendering of "The Morning After" was noteably absent from the film, this did not affect my overall opinion but it would have been a nice touch.
The special effects were mind boggling and had taken 1997's TITANIC effects to a whole new level.
Poseidon offered plenty of surprises and twists as far as character survival is concerned (I didn't expect Kurt Russel to off himself Gene Hackman style - and he does so in a very convincing way).

Great disaster flick - can't wait for the DVD release so I can enjoy it again and perhaps find some things to pick on. --- Glenn

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>one of the ship's engines fell on Kevin Dillon's face(thank God for gravity).<<

Ouch! That would ruin your day.

>>Where is the power source?<<

Errrr...somebody forgot to release the gerbils from the treadmill running the generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.