Postcourt story from the Norfolk paper

T

Tracey McIntire

Hi everyone!
I was very lucky to attend this hearing. As the news story says, the judge cut it short to attend a funeral, so it was a bit disappointing. However, there were plenty of "Titanic folks" present, including Charles Haas, Jack Eaton, George Tulloch, Dave Shuttle, and Roy Cullimore. I had an interesting talk with Mr. Cullimore about the rate of the wreck's deterioration. Phil Hind is planning on posting the full report as soon as I can get it to him! In the meantime, you can check out Mr. Cullimore's site at www.dbi.sk.ca.

Mr. Haas was also very gracious and we discussed the search for the supposed diamond shipment (there is no evidence to support the existence of any such shipment). I think a lot of people were present ready to go to battle to keep the wreck intact, but Judge Clarke didn't want to hear it. He seems to also be a bit biased against possible government intervention in any salvage operations--but that's just my opinion.

I got an e-mail today from Marc Davis, the reporter who is covering this story. There is no new scheduled hearing and the judge has not given any date for a ruling. I guess it's a waiting game now.

I'll try to be present at any future hearings/rulings that might occur and give you all a "ringside" report.

Sincerely,
Tracey McIntire

T

Tracey McIntire

Hi!
Mr. Dave Shuttle has posted Mr. Cullimore's opinions on the deterioration of the wreck under General Titanic Questions. In short, the deterioration is not as drastic as RMST would like us to believe and the wreck is not in danger of imminent collapse. I will hurry that report off to Phil Hind so he can get it posted so you can get all the scientific details.
Sincerely,
Tracey