Prentice spotted in Cameron's movie?

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
Frank Prentice is one of the few survivors to be on the stern of the ship at the very last moments. He said that he recalled the ship dropping down and rising back up "like a cork." (AKA the breakup). Shortly after settling and rising back up, he said that he dropped off.

In Cameron's movie, it shows a man jumping off the back:

(Skip to 1:19)

Is this possibly a reference?

Mar 5, 2017
I believe it might be a reference, although if I remember correctly, Mr. Prentice had said that he "fell," narrowly missing the propeller (he may not have jumped on purpose). There were in fact many historically inspired references shot for the movie, most of which were removed from the original release as they made the movie too long or they were found to not cut the muster for at the test screenings. If you watch all of the deleted scenes, you`ll see that the Strauss`, Charles Joughin, the Chinese man who was rescued from the water and more were depicted as according to eyewitness accounts and their own testimonies.

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
I believe it might be a reference, although if I remember correctly, Mr. Prentice had said that he "fell," narrowly missing the propeller (he may not have jumped on purpose). There were in fact many historically inspired references shot for the movie, most of which were removed from the original release as they made the movie too long or they were found to not cut the muster for at the test screenings. If you watch all of the deleted scenes, you`ll see that the Strauss`, Charles Joughin, the Chinese man who was rescued from the water and more were depicted as according to eyewitness accounts and their own testimonies.
I just watched those scenes on the blu ray disc that I own the other day. It's a shame that they were cut, but then we'd be talking about a four hour long movie! I would like, however, to watch the movie with those scenes included some time.

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
The deleted scenes in my opinion actually made the film better:

• Rose's Mother shrugging off the possibility of trying the Rowing machine as ''she never have to row'' is Ironic.
  • Lovejoy attempts to retrieve the necklace symbolises some' attempts to risk their life for money or jewels (and explaining how the head-wound appeared in the final cut).
  • The 3rd class family's death in the stairwell symbolising how many were trapped by the ship's layout and gates.

So many good deleted scenes...