Project Genesis Royal Caribbean Largest Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Carey

Sep 14, 2004
Royal Caribbean International on Monday ordered the world's largest and most expensive cruise ship, a $1.24 billion vessel that will hold up to 6,400 passengers. It's the latest step in the industry trend of supersizing ships, which delight many passengers but are too crowded for other guests.
The ship, dubbed Project Genesis, will be 220,000 gross registered tons when it is delivered to the world's second-largest cruise operator in fall 2009...

For the rest of the story, go to http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusgen/ap02-06-102529.asp?t=apcom&vts=2620061153

quote:

Edited and link added to comply with copyright and Fair Use by MHS

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
It will be interesting to see the blue prints and prints of this ship, and I look forward to seeing what its name will be.

"Project Genesis" reminds me too much of Star Trek Films II ("The Wrath of Khan") and III ("The Search For Spock"). Could Royal Caribbean be planning a Star Trek exhibit for this ship?
wink.gif

No I won't say "Live Long and Prosper" to Royal Caribbean (though I liked the new Aleve commercial with Leonard Nimoy at the Star Trek Convention; hope it will be shown often).

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
James, could you do us a wee favor and dig up the link for this story and post it? I hope you didn't post the whole story because if you did, then your running the risk of infringing on copyright. For obvious legal reasons, this is something which is taken very seriously on this forum.

For future reference, when posting a story under Fair Use, it's generally allowed to post a small quotation, usually no more then 10% and then post a link to the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.