Jun 16, 2003
I am baffled by the lack of current images of the QE2's interiors. I can't seem to find any pictures anywhere - aside from the tiny reproductions in the current brochure. Can anyone help?

Tim Brandsoy

Feb 19, 2002
I took + - 20 pics on a voyage to NZ in 2001. Thought I took a lot more ;-)Bare in mind that the ship was not built in the halcyon days of Art Deco! Attractive but not flashy.

PM me for your e-mail address and I'll send what I've got.

M

Mikael Jonsson

Does Cunard ever let tourists go onboard the QE2 between the voyages? I am planning to go and see her in Souhtampton and I also would like to go on her decks and see her from inside. Is there any way to do this if you can't afford a cruisetitcket?

best regards, Mikael

Eric Longo

Aug 13, 2004
hi,
really in pain here - near total loss of left arm mobility and further problems - so apologies for brevity and no caps. i didn't look to see what jim k wrote in qm2 thread - but i wrote directly to the line about visiting the qe in new york - visiting onboard and presenting the capt. w with a framed color print from a slide in my collection showing qm1 in ny on maiden voyage with his father comm. w in command. given flat no due to terrorism. perhaps this has changed - that was in 2002/3.

best,
eric2

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
I think that the best bet would be to save enough money to take one of the shorter cruises. QM2 offers at least one five day voyage which is within most people's spending limits (basic rate starts at $899 plus port taxes) and QE2 has a European voyage with a base price of $999 for 7 days which is definitely a better deal if one lives in Europe and does not have to pay supplemental air fare.

ERIC: Sorry to hear about your injury, and hope that everything is alright.

M

Mikael Jonsson

Thank you for the information about QE2 and QM2

Too bad they don't allow visitors aboard.
I guess I have to go for a journey then
happy.gif

best regards, Mikael