QM2 fails to meet regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Actually, on April 18th, during the second Dinner seating, an announcement came, over the PA: "Code Bravo, Code Bravo, Code Bravo", followed by "Control group to muster". That left many of us rather uneasy, though the people at mine and Jason's table agreed we'd wait for further word or instructions (we did notice that others "made a hasty exit from the Britannia").

We noted that the Code was for a fire alarm, so we were rather anxious. Fortunately, things were taken care of, so the alert was soon ended.

We were notified that it was a fire in a crew member's cabin, and was able to be controlled.

I'd like to think that if a fire had occurred, at the same time, in my cabin, similar actions would have been performed to control the situation.

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
We were laughing at the Code Bravo Story as related in the New Yorker, bvecause the same thing happened on the January Maiden Voyage, on which there were apparently two separate fires- one in the baggage handling area to which the crew were summoned via the in-cabin PA system, and one in the food preparation area of which we were not aware until a Cunard Rep discussed it in print to downplay the story of the fire- and then discussed the wrong fire.

May 1, 2004
Pacifique du Nord
This info. has put me off dropping one penny to travel on QM2. Judging by Mr. Kalafus's voyage reports and the follow up (or lack thereof) by Cunard, I'm just going to play w/my toy boat in the bathtub and yell - CODE BRAVO! - just to stir things up a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.