QM2 feature article in latest Popular Mechanics magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2002
Be sure to pick up the latest issue of 'Popular Mechanics", the QM2 is on the cover..
Nice article...

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Tarn,

Thanks for posting that. I'll be sure to purchase a copy.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

A

Alex McLean

I'll check it out, but I mightn't find it here. Do you know for what dates it will be available? I'm arriving in the UK on April 9th.
My best,
happy.gif

Alex

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I just purchased a copy yesterday and it's a very interesting article. The illustrations and photos are terrific.

Alex, if you can't find a copy, let me know and I'll be happy to pick one up for you.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

A

Alex McLean

Very soon, infact. I've booked my flights, and I arrive in the UK on the 9th, and leave on the 18th, and am staying in the New Forest area again as last time. Can't wait to meet you, John, and everyone else!
My best,
happy.gif

Alex

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Alex,
We'll be arriving in Southampton on the 14th.
Looking forward to seeing you.

"18 Days to Go", for me (heading out on April 6th)
grin.gif

and

1. 24 Days Until April 12th: Queen Mary 2 returns to Southampton;
3. 28 Days Until April 16th: Queen Mary 2 sets sail for New York; and
4. 37 Days Until April 25th: Queen Mary 2 heads back to Southampton, accompanied by the QE2.

Best Regards.
smile.gif

A

Alex McLean

John,
What are you doing from the 6th through 14th?
My best,
happy.gif

Alex

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Hi Alex.

I arrive in London on the 7th. For Easter weekend, I am heading up to Alnwick; have a reservation at the White Swan Hotel. I'll head up there on the 9th.
I return to London on the 12th, in the late afternoon/early evening hours. It's "Down to Southampton" on the 14th.

I'll meet up with Jason on the 12th, and we'll be meeting other ET Members on the 13th, at the Texas Embassy Cafe.

A

Alex McLean

John,
Where abouts is the Texas Embasy Café? I would love to come along and meet up - if I am invited of course.
I'll be staying with a family in the New Forest, around 15 minutes from Southampton. They have said to me that they would be happy to help me out by taking me anywhere nautical, whether it be 'the HMS Victory, Mary Rose, a submarine, anywhere'. I would love to catch up with you all.
Please send me a private email, John, with any details for a get together. I look forward to meeting up.
My best,
happy.gif

Alex

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Alex, I'll send you a private email. What I just need is the name of the London Underground Line that goes between Waterloo Station and Charing Cross; I want to, instinctively, refer to it as "The Black Line" (yes, I know that's wrong), from the London maps.
I just have to retrieve one of my London map books.

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Actually,
The Texas Embassy Cafe is now at the building where the London Office of the White Star Line was located.
It was there that the famous crowd scene photos were taken, including the one of the newsboy holding the headline piece, "Titanic Disaster, Great Loss of Life".

I'll have to give you a more detailed description of the area.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Alex,

You're more than welcome to join us! The more the merrier mate!

It's going to be quite a gathering, I'm looking forward to it. A mini Titanic convention...lol
grin.gif
happy.gif

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

A

Alex McLean

Thanks for the info, John. I'll be sure to be there, camera at the ready. It'll be great to meet you and everyone else. Any idea who else will be there?
Jason, are you staying in Southampton or London that first night? If it's Southampton, to avoid confusion, we could probably head up together.
My best;
happy.gif

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.