QUEEN ELIZABETH

• Thread starter Yannick KERSERHO
  • Start date
Y

Yannick KERSERHO

Greetings to all!

I wonder why it is so difficult to find some photographs on the interiors of the RMS Queen Elizabeth after his war service and of the modifications made during her last refit before her retirement. If anybody knows where to find these documents I will be grateful for the help given.

Best regards from France!

B

Brian Hawley

Yannick here is a photo of the QE showing her exterior modifications (the lido deck) around 1967. Sorry its not very large, if you would like to see a far larger version I can e-mail it to you. I don't seem to have any interior photos showing changes.

Brian

69152.jpg

Y

Yannick KERSERHO

Thank's a lot Brian!

I will receive with pleasure a larger version if you can send it to my e-mail: kheyo@yahoo.fr

I already have visited your site, it is a gold mine for all the Olympic and Caronia fans. Congratulations!

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
For a really good photo essay on the burning of the Queen Elizabeth, go to www.travelpage.com which is probably the last place something like that SHOULD appear. Lots of great previously unpublished shots. Thnaks to Kevin Spaans for pointing that one out.

Y

Yannick KERSERHO

Thank's for your pic Brian! Jim, thank's too for the link regarding the Queen elizabeth tragic's demise. (Sorry for the long delay to answer but I've tried unsuccessfully before cause of the site's maintenance)
regards