Queen Mary Interiors

George Heiss

Aug 1, 2005
NY
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has or knows of a site that has good pictures of the Queen Mary's interiors. I am mostly interested in pictures at the time of her service rather than the way she is now. But I will look at those too.

Basically what I would like to to do is compare how luxurious the interiors are when compared to other grand ships such as the Titanic, Normandie, and the Lusitania.

Thank You,

Geo

George Heiss

Aug 1, 2005
NY
Thanx for the info David
happy.gif

Joe Russo

Apr 10, 2006
Was wondering if anyone saw "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day." Great little film which takes place in 1939 in London. Amy Adams' character has an incredible art deco/moderne apartment which is reminiscent of the Normandie and QM. There is one piece on the wall which looks like gazelles. It seems very familiar. Does anyone recognize it? Is this on the Queen Mary? I remember seeing it somewhere, but can't remember where. Check out the link and see it in the background.

http://us.imdb.com/media/rm2712180224/tt0970468

Joe Russo

Apr 10, 2006
Thanks!
I did a little research on this film and the production designer Sarah Greenwood attributes the influence from the interior decorators from the '30s and '40s William Haines and Dorothy Draper, but doesn't say anything about the liners. That's gratitude!

Sean Hankins

May 15, 2004
No problem :)

I can't believe they wouldn't give the credit for that piece to the ship it came from. Maybe they saw a picture of it and were unaware of its origin.