Queen Victoria in Auckland

• Thread starter Ellen Grace Butland
  • Start date
E

Ellen Grace Butland

I came, I saw, and was not conquered. The Vicky Brown is large, and I saw many excited people waiting to board. But as was told me, she is another cruise ship. I now know what a Vista class cruise ship looks like. And, after a friend prevailed on me to take her to view Vicky Brown departing Auckland at 10p.m. last night in the pouring rain, we arrived at Princes' Wharf to find a big empty space. The bitch had left early, why I don't know, possibly to get her fat self out of the harbour at high tide. Beldame, witch. My friend was so disappointed. We watched Tahietian Princess (ex Rennassance 4) leave, all lovely and lit up until she rounded North Head. All I have are photos taken yesterday morning to show my friend, once developed. We wait for Q Mary der Grosse, which is due Feb 23.

Tom Roesser

May 14, 2007
>>And, after a friend prevailed on me to take her to view Vicky Brown departing Auckland at 10p.m. last night in the pouring rain, we arrived at Princes' Wharf to find a big empty space. The bitch had left early, why I don't know, possibly to get her fat self out of the harbour at high tide.<<

Actually, the ship's departure from Auckland was scheduled for 8:00pm according to the itinerary on Cunard's website. In fact, during this World Cruise she will not depart any port later than 9:00pm. Make sure to double check departure times for when QM2 arrives! Also, I don't seem to see why you're being so negative about the QV. Sure, I didn't think she looked that great at first, but her design grows on you after a while. After I had been aboard her a couple of times, I was hooked. Despite what others may think, she is a very intimate, comfortable vessel. With that said, I'm looking forward to traveling on her again later this year.