Queen Victoria's Ball and Queen Victoria's bloomers

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
Praise the Lord of all the times I have been aboard the QE2 and QM2 I have never really gotten neither seasick or caught that Norwalk Virus.The passengers well some of them anyway should learn such proper hygiene habits such as washing their hands after using the lavatory.This is all common sense I learned in elementary school.Of course I hope that future voyages aboard the QM2,Queen Victoria and the new Queen Elizabeth I will remain immune from the Norwalk Virus. Jerry

Mike Poirier

Dec 31, 2004
Well now Russell, I'm sure the marijuana was from the infirmary and was strictly such purposes.

Ah Jim... Tony and Tina were enraptured with Luke and Chris being from California and she let it slip she was a stunt extra in several famous movies. I think she assumed because they were from California- they might have connections

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
>I think she assumed because they were from California- they might have connections

Yeah. And I assumed, at the time, that had we not been present the phrase "We're both 'bi' and have an open marriage" might have come up from one of the Tunas, as kind of a feeler statement aimed at our friends.

>I'm sure the marijuana was from the infirmary and was strictly such purposes.

I never looked at it like that...the crew member may well have been randomly seeking out glaucoma sufferers in need of aid.

>The passengers should learn such proper hygiene habits such as washing their hands after using the lavatory.

Rules to learn before you are 'buffet ready'

* It's bread. One slice is no better than the other and there is no need to touch every slice on the serving tray while looking for the mystical, elusive, good piece.

* The rolls are not stale. No need to squeeze them 'til you find a fresh one.

*Get your damned fingers out of your mouth while on this line, mister.

*Cough into your hand, lose your place.

* I don't CARE if your eye itches. Do NOT scratch it whilst on line.

*Likewise, I don't CARE "how its hangin'." Do NOT adjust yourself in public, and if that bathing suit is too restricting go to your cabin and put on some shorts.

*Children are, by nature, unsanitary. If you MUST have them on the buffet line with you, fill their plates for them. An amazing number of parents think its cute to see Kaitlin With Pinkeye or Joshua With The Perpetually Runny Nose pawing through the food. It isn't.

*Senior citizens are particularly guilty of the mortal sins of either sniffing or nibbling food items AND THEN PUTTING THEM BACK. To me, that is a crime worthy of being sent to the most grim of "Homes." Mike, on several occasions, had to drag me out, blue faced and shrieking "What the hell is wrong with you? At least children might not know any better!" under these circumstances. Once I had to be sedated.

Let me repeat, seniors. If you pick up and sniff the chicken leg, you own it. If I see you dab your finger into the sauce and then lick it, I'm going to sever it with the paring knife from the roast beef carving station. If you nibble something and then set it down where it might get mixed back in with the rest of the food, I'll once again need to be sedated...

Here's a novel idea. Why not eliminate 'self service' from the self service bufffet?

Feb 4, 2007
Denver, Colorado, United States
quote:

mortal sins of either sniffing or nibbling food items AND THEN PUTTING THEM BACK
OMG, don't even get me started on that one. I have actually said things to the offenders in question ~ as well as given them "the look", during the times I have witnessed such behavior. Their general response? Simply an expression of shock that some young whippersnapper called them on it.

Which brings me to 'double dipping'. You know, when someone at your table thinks NOTHING of dipping their vittles into a communal sauce dish, taking a bite, and then re-dipping that same piece into the shared sauce. Ick!

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
quote:

Here's a novel idea. Why not eliminate 'self service' from the self service bufffet?
Quick note: on the QE2, The Lido had the servers dishing out the food to the passengers.
I presume the same practice is now done on both the Queen Mary 2 and the Queen Victoria.