Question about mrs allison

mary mason

Aug 24, 2003
did Bess Allison have any siblings and was in wisconsin or massachusetts (sp?) she was born? if anyone knows this please let me know.

M

Mary S. Lynn

Bess Waldo Daniels Allison was from Milwaukee, WI. She was 21 years old when she married Hudson Allison in 1907, so she would probably have been born in 1886.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Mary,

You're correct. Bess Allison was born on Sunday November 14, 1886.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Brian Ahern

Dec 19, 2002
Don Lynch's book says that the families blamed Alice for the deaths of Bess and Loraine, at least. They felt she ran off with Trevor and left Bess in an impossible situation.

Of course, key statements about Cleaver in this otherwise-excellent book have been disproved, so I don't know what the truth was am not going to offer up any comment on this hot-button issue here and now.

I BELIEVE - and digging up Sarah Daniels's letter would answer it for you - that Cleaver was among the party of Allison relatives and surviving servants returning to Canada. If so, this would indicate some tolerance/compassion/understanding of/for her on the part of Hud and Bess's relations.

Brian Ahern

Dec 19, 2002
No. It's been reproduced several places and is most definitely on the web. I'm still at work and don't have time to surf for it just now (just taking a three minute breather). If you don't see it on Sarah's bio or ET threads on her, I'll try to dig it up. I think it was reproduced at least partially in Judith Gellar's book.
Talk soon,
Regards,

Aug 2, 2006
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this - I have searched and searched for a while for anything even a hint as to what became of Bessies Parents and siblings. For example did they marry and have children what happened to Arville and Sarah Etc. Can anyone at least point me in the right direction? Anyone?