Question about Officer Rankings for Cunard White Star during WWII.

Jason1981

Apr 1, 2013
Lisbon, NC US
Hello, I am looking for information about the Ranking Hierarchy for the Cunard White Star Line during the 30s and 40s. I know that with White Star during the teens, You had Captain, Chief Officer, 1st, 2nd, and so on. I also know Cunard did theirs differently and that is what I am looking for. The internet has been surprisingly sparse with this information. I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this.
-Thanks.
-Jason.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
In the early '50s on a large Cunard liner there would be a Captain, Staff Captain and Chief Officer, then six other 'executive officers' - a senior and junior at each level - ranging from Senior 1st to Junior 3rd. I imagine it was much the same in the '30s and '40s. In 1936 the Queen Mary's Captain had the distinction of being designated 'Commodore'.

Bosuns Mate

Jun 13, 2013
Hello, I am looking for information about the Ranking Hierarchy for the Cunard White Star Line during the 30s and 40s. I know that with White Star during the teens, You had Captain, Chief Officer, 1st, 2nd, and so on. I also know Cunard did theirs differently and that is what I am looking for. The internet has been surprisingly sparse with this information. I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this.
-Thanks.
-Jason.
You can find a lot of information on Find My Past which has records of all the navigation officers in White Star Line.