Question regarding the cabin numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello

In the last broadcasting from Discovery about the Titanic, they said that they explored the suite of the Straus. I never know that the Straus had a cabine with private promenade. I thought that the two suites with private promenade were occupied by Ismay ( B-56-54-52) and Mrs Cardeza (B-51-53-55). My information was that the Straus had cabine C-55 + C-57. That is what I read in several books for example Triumph and Tragedy. Can you help me with this question?

They did not have a private promenade deck. - There were two Parlour Suites on B-deck with private promenade decks. Two on C-deck without. - C-55 was a Sitting Room. C-57 a Bedroom.

As advertised in a Fare Rate booklet: Parlour Suite C-55, 57 and 59: Comprising two Bedrooms, Sitting Room, Private Bath and Toilet. Each bedroom is fitted with a Wardrobe Room.

Hope that helps!

did the straus' have one of the millionare suites on b deck? if not, who did and where the straus' cabin located?

[Moderator's note: This post, originally posted in another thread, has been moved to this pre-existing one which is discussing the same subject. JDT]

Erica,

As you can see from the above posts Mr & Mrs Straus were on C-deck. The starboard-side Parlour Suite was located directly below the B-deck Parlour Suite B-51/53/55, which you can see marked on the deck plans on this web-site. - On the opening page see under Resources: Deck plans. - Unfortunately C-deck has not been labelled. Which books with deck plans do you have access to?

In the List of Cabin Assignments: - See under People: Cabins; Cave List; Mr & Mrs Straus are listed for rooms C-55, 57 and 97. C-97 was the 2nd inner room across the fore-aft passageway and will likely have been for 1 of the servants, with the other being berthed elsewhere.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.