Questions from an amateur rivet counter

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2005
Questions about some of the scenes in "Titanic" (1997):

Helicopter arriving at Keldysh scene.:
The side view shows the "Academic....Keldysh" lettering. Apparently the name of the home port below. What was the Keldysh's home port if this was the case ?

Cherbourg scene:
Seems to be some sort of light about halfway up on one of the rigging. Is this a defect in the film, or was there some light there or possibly in the background ?

Interior scenes:
Would the interior lighting have been dimmer and more of an orange or yellow cast considering the type of electric lamps in 1912 ? (Definitely not bright white/fluorescent types...possibly filmed that way for lighting up the sets.)

Possibly this might open up another area of discussion.

Will C. White

Apr 18, 2007
Light color can be effected by many things, but in this case I would suspect applied voltage and the material the element is made from are the two biggies, and yes, white would seem right to me. I know they used practicals (regular light bulbs) a lot on 'Titanic', as opposed to HMI's, which have a blue "cast" to them.

Eric Longo

Aug 13, 2004
Hi All:

The texture of the item(s) in question is a biggie with light as it plays on objects it hits. A good (although b/w) example is how the buff on WSL stacks can appear darker then the black tops in some b/w photographs. And of course the conditions in which the image is taken.

Best,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.