Quiz Time

May 27, 2007
Better High Class then no class. Still looking for Wallace Reid and Juanita Hansen. I'll never get Jane Shore finished now.
sad.gif
Maybe I'll have better luck with my latest discovery Sive Hughett in my Epic Extravaganza of the Black Death Dance, Dance Macabre. Due out in August 1918.

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
>>to think they said I was high-class....

>Well, that was just a lie."

There's a lot of truth in your jest, Mr. Jason. The yin and yang of my personality. Dixie Cups with Coasters. Go figger.

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
Ah, let's get on the road again.

~Survivor's road led to Shangri-La.
~Survivor's road led to The Young and the Restless.
~Survivor's road led to an ex-Beatle's adios to a former partnership.
~Famous red bird along the road.
~There were searchers aplenty, at one point along the road.
~Edith Piaf a REALLY unexpected detour.

Feb 4, 2007
Denver, Colorado, United States
Is that all there is? I went shoppin' for clothes after searchin' for my black denim trousers and motorcycle boots.

Stand by me, Rudy baby, 'cause these lucky lips say:

Andrea Doria

(I got it BEFORE your last post ~ you really MUST leave some time in-between your clues.)

wink.gif

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
DUDE! Good work!

For those who were following along; 99% of the clues I gave, as well as random sentences not labeled as clues, were either Lieber-Stoller song titles; lyrical excerpts; or groups that recorded Lieber-Stoller songs.

Mike Stoller was an Andrea Doria survivor.

I thought that since I ended one Andrea Doria quiz early, I'd just do another.

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
~A best selling book.
~Abusive mother.
~Rebellious sibling.
~Shipwreck death avoided.
~A Revolution.
~Artists seemingly doomed effect last minute escape, in a manner of speaking.
~Two lived, but then later only one lived and one died. The death of the victim became immortal, in a way.
~Other cultural great not as lucky.

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
>I want a cookie now.

Better than a cookie. I have a bag of those most dreaded of snacks from 1984~ "The Frookie"~ on hand.

Mike Poirier remembers those as well. They were these rock hard 'health cookies' that tasted like orange rind and flour dough. An indescribable good-mood-killing treat tht, it seems, everyone's grandparents tried buying for them once.

When I come out to visit you, you shall have your Frookie.

May 27, 2007
I don't remember Frookies. I got Cookies from Grandma so nah nah nah.
happy.gif

Andrea Doria

(I got it BEFORE your last post ~ you really MUST leave some time in-between your clues.)
Oh look it's Teacher's Pet!

May 27, 2007
You're lucky Geo! I only get a nasty, health-infused, intestinal blockage (like the captain of the Morro Castle) of a cookie instead of a real cookie.
That's no fun. I got Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from my Nana. I make them once a blue moon for my daughter. Not really unhealthy but really can make you hyper especially if your 3 yrs old.