R.M.S Baltic II

Apr 16, 2012
Finland
Hi everyone!

I'm searching for the passenger list of R.M.S Baltic II which was sailing from New York to Liverpool at the Titanic disaster time and received Titanic's CQD trough "Caronia". Our family legend says that my mothers grand parents (Juho {Johan or John} Metsälä) and wife Helmi) might have been on board of a that ship. Legend also says that passengers of Baltic was given instructions prepare for rescue mission and male passengers should even prepare to depart ship if there's many enough women and children from Titanic to be rescued. Of course they never made it. So I'm trying to check if this family "saga" is true or not. Any help at this issue would be very nice!

Best regards,

Niilo Ruotsalainen

Apr 16, 2012
Finland
Thanks for Your kind reply. Problem is that Baltic ship was going eastbound back to Europe and Ellis Island records are for America arrivals I presume? My great-great grandparents were on their way back to Finland. They lived in somewhere in Minnesota region about 10 years and we have been told that they were doing fine there but decided to resume Finland when living conditions was getting better here. We still have relatives in USA, never seen them tough.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Problem is that Baltic ship was going eastbound back to Europe and Ellis Island records are for America arrivals I presume?<<

As far as I know it is. If I'm mistaken, I'm sure somebody will come along and correct me.