Raise The Titanic DVD 2007 UK ReRelease

Nov 15, 2006
Lew Grade's 1980 movie Raise The Titanic is due for a re-package and re-released in the U.K on the 30th 2007.

As of yet, I cannot confirm if the package will contain any other material other than the film.

Nov 26, 2005
I'd love to see a re-release in the U.S. without it being a double feature disc. Some extra goodies in the DVD would be nice too.

Nov 26, 2005
Jeremy, you must be trying to find 'Treasures Of The Titanic', which came out in 1987. It's still out there. I picked mine up from Ebay for what amounts to chicken feed.

Nov 26, 2005
Ohhh! I know what you're talking about. You can also watch it on the Raise The Titanic website just to check it out. It's got some really interesting stuff, but it sounds like you've already seen it so no need for me to tell you that!

Nov 15, 2006
"The Last Great Human Adventure" is a 20 minute mock-umentary (as apossed to documentary) that ties both the film RTT and the expeditions lead by Jack Grimm to find Titanic. As far as Im aware, it was never shown on TV but was released as a promotional gimmick for the film. I do have this on video in my RTT Collection.

Nov 15, 2006
I have some exciting news that I will post up in the next day or so on the April 30th U.K dvd release of RAISE THE TITANIC.

Nov 15, 2006
Here in the U.K on the 30th April (2007), we see released "Raise The Titanic". The first time the film hit our shelves on dvd format was back in 2003 with only the film and trailor present.

I am pleased to say that the newer release for this year has much new material. The film has been remastered and will appear in it's original widescreen ratio. In the 'Special Features' section, you will not only have the original theatrical trailor, but extensive photo galleries which was assited by myself and including hundreds of photographs taken from my own private collection, many of which have never been seen before.

Released on 30th April 2007 , on the 'Network' label.

MAIN FEATURE

* Raise The Titanic - Remastered & In It's Original Widescreen Ratio

SPECIAL FEATURES

* Raise The Titanic Original Theatrical Trailor

* Raise The Titanic Photo Galleries

ITC Publicity Gallery
Behind The Scenes Gallery
Press Material Gallery (DVD & PC)
Raise The Titanic Movie Model: 1980
Raise The Titanic Movie Model: 1993 - 2006

* Introduction: Raising The Titanic: Movie Insights (written by myself)

(please note that the above is not yet finalised and is still subject to change)

119404.jpg

(please note that the above image is not yet finalised and is still subject to change)

Mar 16, 2004
San Jose, California
I recently purchased a region-free player specifically for this purpose: to see RTT in it's remastered, wide screen splendor. I was unaware of the extras on the disc until I saw your post Jonathon! I've pre-ordered from Amazon.UK already.

Nov 15, 2006
Michael

The special features were not finalised until earlier this week. I'm sure that many fans of the film will love the photo galleries.

Nov 15, 2006
SONY/Network have sent me this morning some of there "check disc's", in advance of the 30th April dvd release of this movie.

Everything you see in the 'special features' section is what I supplied them for the dvd. All of it has come out far better than I ever imagined. To say I'm over-the-moon is an understatement.

The film itself, WOW, pictures quality is fantastic and what a pleasure to see the film finally in it's original full frame widescreen ratio

SCREEN GRABS

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Michael, if the links pose a problem, please remove them.<<

The links don't so long as you give due credit to the source, but if you try to post the screencaps here directly on ET, they would be. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but there's a lot about copyright law which can be a real minefield. I just don't want to see you having a very unpleasant encounter with somebody's lawyers.

Nov 15, 2006
Here is the information (with artwork) for the 2007 dvd release of Raise The Titanic.

RAISE THE TITANIC

RRP £12.99

Release date: 30th April 2007 (United Kingdom ONLY)

Released by: Network www.networkdvd.co.uk

Special features

- Original 2.35:1 (theatrical aspect ratio)
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Extensive Image Galleries
ITC Publicity Images
The Jonathan Smith Collection: Behind The Scenes Gallery
Time-Lapse Titanic: The Movie Model - 1987 To 2006
Press Material Gallery
- Press Pack PDF

Technical Information

Format: DVD
Classification: PG
Number of Discs: 1
Picture: 2.35:1 / Colour
Sound: Mono / English
Subtitles: None
Region: 2 / PAL
Running Time: 109 mins approx

Summary

Raise the Titanic

An American special agent embarks with amazing effort on a mission to recover vital material for the United States’ defence. It was believed that the mighty ‘unsinkable’ ship contained a ‘special cargo’ which could be used to make the United States impregnable to atomic attack. The ship is down too deep for divers, so the only solution is to raise it and the Herculean project must be managed in absolute secrecy — despite the extreme rigours of the climate, deadly interference from a rival nation, and the need to invent technology never before conceived…

Directed by Jerry Jameson (Land of the Free, Murder, She Wrote), written by Eric Hughes (White Nights) and Adam Kennedy (The Domino Principle), RAISE THE TITANIC is sure to thrill and to entertain.

For the images of the dvd artwork, please use the following link:

http://titanic-model.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=100&topic_id=21769&mesg_id=21769&page=

Images used with kind permission from 'Network DVD'.