Raise The Titanic DVD 2007 UK ReRelease

P

Patrick Walsh

RAISE THE TITANIC has been available don here in NZ for about 3 years on DVD in 16:9 it is put out by MRA ENTERTAIMENT they also stock the TITANIC miniseries.,
RAISE has no special features, I have just ordered the above mentioned UK DVD.

Nov 15, 2006
The U.K's first dvd release was back in 2003, but all you had was the film in 16:9. But this newer version is in it's origianl widescreen presentation.

The MRA dvd release I have, very good picture quality, but the new 'Network' release is far better.

Nov 15, 2006
<<<dang...just>>>

That's odd, the dvd is out in the shops here in the U.K, I have seen them when I went into town on Monday. The 'Amazon' site does say. . . .

"Availability: Usually dispatched within 7 to 10 days. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk."

Which is a bit strange. As far as I'm aware, the dvd is not a limited release.

Mar 16, 2004
San Jose, California
My guess is that overseas orders are filled after domestic. Here in the US, Amazon ships from a couple of locations throughout the country, so perhaps Amazon.UK does as well. It might be that the shipping location is out of stock. Anyway, I'll patiently wait the arrival. The screenshots you posted Jonathan are exciting to see.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Just a little word to the wise: the DVD from the UK is going to be specifically formatted to a particular region and won't be possible to run in the USA unless you have a machine capable of running different formats.

Mar 16, 2004
San Jose, California
I just finished watching RTT, and want to tell you how pleased I was with this version. This is the first time I've seen the film in its original widescreen format, and it of course made a world of difference. Overall it is an excellent disc, and Jonathon's contributions are fascinating. I have never seen a lot of the still displayed in the still gallery, and I've seen a lot of RTT over the years.
Print quality was not bad at all, despite the disc not being anamorphic. It looked great on my widescreen tv, and i am sure others won't be disappointed once they view the movie.

Nov 15, 2006
Michael, thank you for your kind words. I am pleased you liked the release.

As mentioned, when 'Network/Sony' approached me, I had only 3 days before the deadline to get together parts of my collection for use on the dvd. Unfortunatly, in those 3 days, I could only get together a fraction of my collection. I had a lot more that I could have used, but sadly, 3 days were 1/ not enough time for me to get things together due to other commitments 2/ deadline was just 3 days away and 3/ publicity had already been paid for.

The owners of the film & publicity are 'Granada Television' here in the U.K. When we approached them, all they had was the film, trailor and a few publicity images. NO 'making-of' features, NO behind-the-scenes, NO deleated scenes. So apart from the film and trailor, I supplied the rest and in the space of those 3 days - high resolution scanning all the images and publicity material I have (photos and press material "PDF"), editing the images, sending them, contacting the copyright owners of the photographs showing the model in Malta between 1987 - 2006, then sending all these images over to 'Network/Sony', and all in 3 days.

I had so much more stuff I wanted to put on that release that I just didn't have time to do.

Good news is that 'Network/Sony and I have spoken about a possible future release of a "Special Edition" RAISE THE TITANIC which will include tons more material from scripts to more publicity images, and of course "behind-the-scenes" footage which I have in my collection.

Now, this is only early days, so a waiting time of a few years will have to pass, but it is on the cards, along with a possible 'Blue-Ray' release around that same time.

Mar 16, 2004
San Jose, California
You did amazing work in 3 days Jonathan! I was impressed with the amount of material on the disc. I am excited about the possibility of yet another release in the future. What with the 100th anniversary fast approaching, I am sure we will see media activity similar to the 1997/1998 years when Cameron's movie came out.
In the very early 80's, I acquired a good amount of materials from what I think was a publicity company in LA that was closing shop. I answered an ad in a film memorabilia newspaper that was selling what they considered junk, and for $10 Yes, ten!) i got ad mock-ups, 11x14 color photographs, some stills, etc, of RTT. I should look through those materials and perhaps there might be something interesting for any future dvd release.
Anyway Jonathan, good work on this latest release of the film.

Nov 15, 2006
Michael, these items you mention sound very interesting. If you have any thoughts of selling anything from them, please let me know.