Raise The Titanic

E

Emma Richardson

I sat down to watch my copy of raise the titanic only to discover my four year old had taped power rangers over it.

G

gabriel

I see that there are more people out there other then myself you think the movie should be re-done. I have set up a petition on my website to show Mr. Cussler that his most popular novel should be given another shot on the big screen. RTT was my favorite novel but I was really disappointed in the movie. Check out the site!! http://www.raisethetitanic.com
Gabriel

J

Joshua Gulch

A-hamina-hamina-hamina!
Great site!

Wow!
Proud

Josh.

M

Matthew Lips

Hi all.
A remake of RTT would be nice for us Titanic buffs, but I cannot imagine that anybody in Hollywood is going to rush to have another go at one of the most expensive flops in cinema history. As Lord Grade himself said, "it would have been cheaper to lower the Atlantic."

Not a very good selling point, is it? Sorry to be a Prophet of Doom, but I cannot see it happening.

Cheers.
Matthew L.

J

Joshua Gulch

"Raise the Titanic? It would have been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!"

Ah, one of my favorite quotes!
Happy

Josh.

G

gabriel

The only reason why the film was a flop was because hollywood gutted the story line like a fish. My reasoning can be found on my website in the faq section. Need I say more?

S

Stephanie Litton

I have to say that I was also moved by the ship...can't say steaming can I....let's say strolling by the WTC, but did anyone else notice Ol Mr. Robards remark about if someone were to bomb Pakistan? How close was that? Sure made my Husband and myself look at each other sharply! hummmmmm

S

sharon rutman

The movie was a titanic sized bomb period. I'm suprised the lovely Ms Archer could actually say such drivel as "I can't put the wormy on the hooky" laughing. I think Clive Cussler's books are strictly a guy thing laced with too much testerone.

Pedro Soares

Pedro Soares

Hi everyone. It`s been a long time since my last post in this wonderful page. The last time I was in High-school and now I`m in the second year of university. Yesterday I watched "Raise the Titanic" again, it passed on TV here in Portugal. I was surprised to see how it still gets me pretty shaken every time I see her coming out of the water, wich proves the strong fascination the Titanic still holds on me...
Cordially,
Pedro Soares

John Clifford

John Clifford

My feeling in watching the movie was "Now I can understand why Clive Cussler decided that none of his books would ever be made in to a film, again".
The movie left out many great details found in the book, and it was hard to accept some of the characters as they were portrayed: to me, the late Richard Jordan just did not match the image I had of Dirk Pitt.
Anne Archer proved her acting abilities on TV, in "Falcon Crest", as well as in the movies "Fatal Attraction" and the two Tom Clancy novels, "Patriot Games" and "Clear and Present Danger".

BTW, it was this film that inspired one critic, from The GUARDIAN, to write "The longer it all goes on, the more one hopes that, if they ever do raise the TITANIC, they'll heave the film overboard to replace it".

John Clifford

S

sharon rutman

Raise the Titanic is tied with SOS Titanic as the worst Titanic movie ever! Anne Archer proved to me beyond a reasonable doubt that she has absolutely no acting ability. How she ever chirped "I can't put the wormy on the hooky" with a straight face I'll never know!

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

>>"I can't put the wormy on the hooky" with a straight face I'll never know!<<

Professionalism Sharon, plain and simple. Anne Archer is more then capable as an actor, but she can't do much about inept casting and worse script writing. I think that her being able to say that line with a streight face says quite a bit in her favour.

S

sharon rutman

Well, if she's so professional, why accept a part she knows has stupid lines? She could have said no just as easily, right? Ah well, I guess she had to make a living and take this nonsense with a grain of salt. I can't even think the phrase "wormy on the hooky" without breaking out in laughter.

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

She does have to eat you know. Do some checking around on just about any actor and you'll find that they took parts that they'ed rather forget later on in their careers. It just goes with the territory...especially when they're starting out and not in much of a position to pick and choose.

Yeah, "Wormy on the hooky" is pretty cheesy, but who wrote the script? It wasn't Anne Archer. She took the job, did her best on the job, and moved on.